Request for consultation
Joel Sklar has written the definitive text for Web site design, PRINCIPLES OF WEB DESIGN, Fifth Edition guiding your students through the entire Web site creation process, while developing and enhancing your HTML, CSS, and visual design skills along the way. Now updated to include the latest Web design technologies and trends, this Fifth Edition features all-new sections on HTML5, CSS3, CSS page layouts, and enhanced navigation as well as technical updates and new screen shots throughout. Beginning with the Web design environment and the principles of sound Web design, your students will continue to planning site layout and navigation, and progress to Web typography, colors and images, working with CSS, and more. Armed with a priceless understanding and plenty of hands-on activities, students will gain a solid foundation of designing successful, standards-based Web sites that are portable across different operating systems, browsers, and Web devices. Companion site available at no additional cost www.joelsklar.com/pwd5.
- NEW! Updated discussion and exploration of Web 2.0 topics.
- NEW! An introduction of brand new design techniques.
- NEW! A new chapter on creating Floating Layouts replaces the old chapter on Framed Layouts.
- NEW! End of chapter material has been updated.
- NEW! illustrations and screen shots throughout reflect current browsers and relevant visualizations of key concepts.
- NEW! sections on HTML5 and CSS3 describe the benefits and use of these new coding standards
- NEW! "Page Layouts" chapter describes how to build both flexible and fixed page designs using CSS.
- Online companion Web site provides additional information, code samples, and links for further research.
- Full color! This allows users to see the truly visual nature of the example Web sites used to illustrate Web design principles.
- Updated code samples and hands-on activities let students "dive under the hood" and get plenty of coding experience.
2. Web Site Design Principles.
3. Site Planning.
4. Cascading Style Sheets.
5. Web Typography.
6. Box Properties.
7. Page Layouts.
8. Graphics and Color.
9. Site Navigation.
10. Data Tables.
11. Web Forms.
12. Web Page Design Studio.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Online Instructor's Resource
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.