Request for consultation
Updated with the latest practices, trends, and developments from the field, PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH, 4E guides students step by step through the management of all supply chain activity while addressing real-world concerns related to domestic and global supply chains. Comprehensive, one-of-a-kind coverage encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration. The text follows the natural flow through the supply chain--resulting in one of the most balanced approaches available. Well-organized chapters demonstrate the practical applications of supply chain management in today's workplace, and intriguing SCM Profiles provide abundant real-world business examples. The fourth edition includes revised and expanded end-of-chapter questions and problems. In addition, the Instructor Companion Website includes 29 cases, the Instructor's Manual, PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, and a YouTube video library.
- CUTTING-EDGE COVERAGE IS THE MOST CURRENT AVAILABLE. The fourth edition of PRINCIPLES OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: A BALANCED APPROACH has been completely updated with current business examples and the latest supply chain trends and developments in every chapter.
- REAL-LIFE EXAMPLES BRING CHAPTER CONCEPTS TO LIFE. Each chapter includes several SCM Profile boxed features that keep students fully engaged by illustrating chapter topics in the context of real-world practice.
- EXPANDED STUDENT EXERCISES OFFER MORE OPTIONS. End-of-chapter questions and problems have been revised and expanded to give instructors more flexibility in assigning homework and to ensure that students have plenty of experience putting chapter concepts into practice.
- UP-TO-DATE CASES REFLECT REAL-WORLD PRACTICE. The Instructor Companion Website includes 29 cases, and new cases will be added as they become available. The site also includes the Instructor's Manual (with case notes and answers to all end-of-chapter questions), PowerPoint® slides, a test bank, and a YouTube video library.
- BALANCED PRESENTATION OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT FOLLOWS A NATURAL FLOW. To ensure thorough student understanding, the authors break down supply chain issues into purchasing, operations, logistics, and process integration. The text follows a natural flow through the supply chain activities--making it one of the most balanced supply chain management texts available.
- EXCEPTIONAL CASES AND SOLID ORGANIZATION EMPHASIZE PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS IN TODAY'S WORKPLACE. Well-organized chapters highlight excellent case studies that clearly demonstrate the practical applications of real-world supply chain management. Captivating company examples throughout ensure that current supply chain issues are covered in depth.
- COVERAGE OF INTERNATIONAL PURCHASING/PROCUREMENT AND ETHICAL AND SUSTAINABLE SOURCING PREPARES STUDENTS FOR REAL-WORLD BUSINESS. Sections on international purchasing and procurement for government and nonprofit agencies (Chapter 2) equip students with critical knowledge of today's global marketplace. An entire chapter is devoted to ethical and sustainable sourcing (Chapter 4) and introduces students to some of the most pressing challenges in the modern workplace.
- FORECASTING EXAMPLES, COVERAGE OF LEAN PRODUCTION, AND EXAMPLES OF SIX SIGMA HELP STUDENTS APPLY WHAT THEY'VE LEARNED. Easy-to-apply forecasting examples in Part 3 emphasize how to use Excel® effectively, and sections highlight the environmental impacts of lean production and offer current examples of Six Sigma programs. Up-to-date examples on inventory investment and turnover ratios (Chapter 7) keep students aware of the latest developments.
- EXAMPLES HIGHLIGHT EMERGING ISSUES IN SOCIAL MEDIA, CLOUD COMPUTING, BIG DATA, AND MANAGEMENT OF SERVICE SUPPLY CHAINS. Packed with examples illustrating how to manage service supply chains effectively, the text prepares students to better understand sustainability in logistics and the impact of social media, cloud computing, and big data analysis in customer relationship management and other processes.
- GLOBAL ISSUES ARE EMPHASIZED THROUGHOUT. Reviewing the expanding role of supply chain management in sustaining a global competitive advantage, the text closely examines issues associated with global process integration and risk and security.
- UNIQUE CONTENT PROVIDES IMPORTANT COVERAGE AVAILABLE ONLY IN THIS TEXT. One-of-a-kind coverage in this comprehensive text encompasses operations, purchasing, logistics, and process integration with a focus on supply chain management. You can introduce students to a wealth of important content not available in other textbooks. This edition demonstrates how all aspects of supply chain management are accomplished effectively and efficiently.
1. Introduction to Supply Chain Management.
Part II: SUPPLY ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
2. Purchasing Management.
3. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationship.
4. Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing.
Part III: OPERATIONS ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
5. Demand Forecasting.
6. Resource Planning Systems.
7. Inventory Management.
8. Process Management--Lean and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain.
Part IV: DISTRIBUTION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
9. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics.
10. Customer Relationship Management.
11. Global Location Decisions.
12. Service Response Logistics.
Part V: INTEGRATION ISSUES IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT.
13. Supply Chain Process Integration.
14. Performance Measurement Along the Supply Chain.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero is a flexible online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your learning management system, your classroom, or wherever you want!