Request for consultation
The fourth edition of Principles of Information Security explores the field of information security and assurance with updated content including new innovations in technology and methodologies. Students will revel in the comprehensive coverage that includes a historical overview of information security, discussions on risk management and security technology, current certification information, and more. The text builds on internationally-recognized standards and bodies of knowledge to provide the knowledge and skills students need for their future roles as business decision-makers. Information security in the modern organization is a management issue which technology alone cannot answer; it is a problem that has important economic consequences for which management will be held accountable. Students can feel confident that they are using a standards-based, content-driven resource to prepare for their work in the field.
- Enhanced section on Security Models and Standards, including access control models, Bell-LaPadula, Biba, and others, as well as enhanced coverage of NIST and ISO standards.
- New content on Security Governance adds depth and breadth to the topic.
- Updates on the newest laws and a host of identity theft bills.
- Includes a new section on addressing the methods and results of systems certification and accreditation in accordance with federal guidelines.
- Up-to-date examples and references maintain currency and relevance.
- Contains updated managerial content to provide general, yet valuable information, without bogging your students down with extraneous, highly specific details.
- Conforms fully to CNSS Training Standard 4011, which allows federal recognition of programs based on this book.
- Uses examples of information security issues, tools and practices implemented in today's businesses, fostering real-world application.
- Includes Off-Line boxes with sidebar articles for further study, and Technical Details boxes that separate highly technical information from the chapter narrative for easier reading.
- Includes extensive end-of-chapter pedagogy, including exercises and cases that give students the opportunity to examine the information security arena outside the classroom.
2. The Need for Security.
3. Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Information Security.
4. Risk Management.
5. Planning for Security.
6. Security Technology: Firewalls, VPNs, and Wireless
7. Security Technology: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Other Security Tools.
9. Physical Security.
10. Implementing Information Security.
11. Security and Personnel.
12. Information Security Maintenance and eDiscovery.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Site
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, instructor’s manual, test banks, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.