Request for consultation
PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR FITNESS AND WELLNESS, 13th Edition challenges students to meet their personal fitness and wellness goals, and perhaps teach others to do the same. Fully updated by fitness experts Hoeger and Hoeger, this text emphasizes behavior modification through sensible approaches and provides a strong focus on the practical ways students can incorporate changes into in their daily lives. Chapters are written in a student-friendly tone with supporting features such as "My Profile," "Behavior Modification Planning," and “FAQs,” all designed to highlight important practices. PRINCIPLES AND LABS FOR FITNESS AND WELLNESS, 13th Edition also offers interactive learning tools such as exercise videos, online labs, and self-assessments that bring topics to life and help students maintain their new healthy lifestyles. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections at http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- NEW MindTap™ Coursemode: Energize your coursework with handy online tool. MindTap™ combines your instructor’s personalized content with readings, videos, labs, activities, and quizzes and creates a single learning path to make studying interactive and more productive!
- Updated Topics: Get up to date with the latest facts, research, and advances in health, including discussions on cardiovascular disease, life expectancy, health care costs, drug use, sedentary lifestyle effects, exercise therapy benefits, 2014 fitness trends, and many more.
- Muscle Matters: An all-new chapter on Muscular Fitness gives you the latest industry knowledge on strength and endurance, as well as maintaining the general health of the body’s muscular system.
- Healthy Habits: A focus of all Hoeger fitness and wellness texts, “Behavior Modification Planning” delivers practical tips on how to replace existing habits with those that boost fitness and wellness.
- Inspiring Accounts: "Real Life Stories" in each chapter demonstrate the many strategies students followed on the road to making positive health changes, as well as the hurdles they cleared along the way.
- Topical FAQs: Starting out each chapter, "Frequently Asked Questions" target popular discussions on fitness, and introduce students to the readings that follow.
- Practical Problems: "Critical Thinking" questions ask students to apply wellness concepts to issues they will face in life or on the job, and develop realistic solutions.
- Active Learning: Choose from the largest variety of labs available in a fitness text, each complete with activities suitable for the classroom or homework. Students can tear out the perforated pages or complete online using MindTap™ interactive software.
2. Behavior Modification.
3. Nutrition for Wellness.
4. Body Composition.
5. Weight Management.
6. Cardiorespiratory Endurance.
7. Muscular Fitness: Strength and Endurance.
8. Muscular Flexibility.
9. Skill Fitness and Fitness Programming.
10. Stress Assessment and Management Techniques.
11. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease.
12. Cancer Prevention.
13. Addictive Behavior.
14. Preventing Sexually Transmitted Infections.
15. Lifetime Fitness and Wellness.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.