Request for consultation
PRACTICAL REAL ESTATE LAW, 6E, is an excellent text for educating and training future paralegals about the intricacies of real estate law and transactions. This user-friendly text covers the central areas involved in transactional real estate in detail. These areas include real estate contracts, real estate brokerage relationships, real estate finance, as it specifically relates to residential and commercial processes, surveys, title insurance and federal taxation and how it applies to the ownership and investment in real estate. The text also discusses the many new laws that have been passed to assist homeowners facing foreclosure. Case summaries successfully illustrate how the legal principles operate in the real world and will give your students practice in reading and analyzing case material. While many theories of residential and commercial real estate transactions are the same, your students will benefit greatly from the residential-specific and commercial-specific discussions, forms, and checklists that explain the vast differences.
- Student StudyWare CD provides additional quizzing, case studies, and key terms flashcards to help students master the important concepts in the course.
- Contains a discussion of the new RESPA, HOEPA and Truth-in-Lending rules, including instructions on how to complete the new HUD-1 form.
- Material on the recent real estate recession, including the efforts being made by the federal and state governments to assist homeowners faced with foreclosure.
- New content on the use and etiquette of email correspondence.
- "Helpful Websites" in each chapter provide instructors and students with Internet links to additional information.
- Review questions, case problems, and practical assignments at the end of the chapters provide students with more exercises and opportunities to put modern real-estate concepts into practice.
- Checklists explain real estate transactions step-by-step, helping students better understand the material and acting as an on-the-job reference for professionals.
- Contains detailed residential and commercial real estate content and forms.
- Includes illustrative case summaries that introduce students to reading and analyzing a case.
- An "Ethics" feature in each chapter takes the student into a hypothetical situation that clearly represents an ethical problem in a real estate law practice.
2. Concurrent Ownership.
3. Surveys and Land Descriptions.
4. Public Regulation and Encumbrances.
5. Easements and Licenses.
7. Preparation and Review of a Real Estate Contract.
9. Financing Sources in Real Estate Transactions.
10. Legal Aspects of Real Estate Finance.
11. Mortgage Forms and Provisions.
12. Title Examinations.
13. Title Insurance.
14. Real Estate Closings.
15. Government Regulation of Real Estate Closings.
16. Real Estate Closing Forms and Examples.
17. Condominiums and Cooperatives.