Request for consultation
Introduce future paralegals to the intricacies of real estate law and transactions using PRACTICAL REAL ESTATE LAW, 7th edition. This comprehensive resource provides students with clear explanations to help them understand the complexities of real estate law. The book's case-based approach explains legal principles using practical applications and the most current examples. Updates throughout this edition clarify the latest rulings and industry regulations, while case summaries illustrate how legal principles operate in today's world. New case problems and assignments offer practice in reading and analyzing case material. Students gain a solid understanding of transactional real estate--from real estate contracts and brokerage relationships to surveys, title insurance, taxation and real estate finance as they relate to both residential and commercial processes. Meaningful discussions, checklists and well-illustrated forms guide students through all areas of modern real estate practice with an emphasis on ethical concerns.
- NEW CASE PROBLEMS AND PRACTICAL ASSIGNMENTS added to key chapters provide memorable, focused hands-on practice that puts actual real estate concepts into action.
- REVISED CHAPTER ON TITLE INSURANCE discusses the current ALTA® policy forms in depth to better prepare students to use these policy forms that have standardized current title insurance coverage.
- NEW COVERAGE OF "VIRTUAL CLOSINGS" AND "SHORT SALES" familiarizes readers with both the latest technological tools in today's real estate as well as the increasingly common Short Sale alternative to foreclosure that comprises a significant percentage of today's home sales.
- UPDATED SUBSTANTIVE LAW FORMS NOW REFLECT THE LATEST LAWS, DUTIES AND REGULATIONS in real estate practice today for student clarification.
- COVERAGE OF THE RECENT REAL ESTATE RECESSION addresses the latest efforts of the federal and state governments to assist homeowners facing foreclosure.
- CHECKLISTS EXPLAIN REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS STEP-BY-STEP, helping future professionals better understand the chapter material and providing an invaluable on-the-job reference for professionals.
- DETAILED RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE CONTENT AND FORMS with thorough explanations and memorable examples prepare students to complete necessary documentation with confidence.
- ILLUSTRATIVE CASE SUMMARIES introduce students to the skills necessary to effectively read and analyze a case.
- "ETHICS" FEATURE IN EACH CHAPTER places readers in the midst of hypothetical yet realistic situations that clearly presents common ethical problems future paralegals may encounter in today's real estate law practice.
2. Concurrent Ownership.
3. Surveys and Land Descriptions.
4. Public Regulation and Encumbrances.
5. Easements and Licenses.
7. Preparation and Review of a Real Estate Contract.
9. Financing Sources in Real Estate Transactions.
10. Legal Aspects of Real Estate Finance.
11. Mortgage Forms and Provisions.
12. Title Examinations.
13. Title Insurance.
14. Real Estate Closings.
15. Government Regulation of Real Estate Closings.
16. Real Estate Closing Forms and Examples.
17. Condominiums and Cooperatives.
"This textbook has been very well organized and does emphasize the importance of foundational content of real estate law. The practical content is measured by the homework and application assignments at chapter end."