Request for consultation
Now you can combine a highly effective, practical approach to mathematics with the latest procedures, technologies, and practices in today's welding industry with PRACTICAL PROBLEMS IN MATHEMATICS FOR WELDERS, 6E . Show your students how welders rely on mathematical skills to solve both everyday and more challenging problems, from measuring materials for cutting and assembling to effectively and economically ordering materials. Highly readable, inviting units throughout this comprehensive, new edition emphasize the types of math problems welders regularly face, from basic math procedures used in standard operations to more advanced formulas. This edition reflects the latest developments in the welding industry using a wealth of real examples; new practice problems; and clear, uncomplicated explanations. The book's carefully constructed approach is ideal for students of all levels of math proficiency and experience. New, more dimensional illustrations throughout this edition help students further visualize the concepts they're learning. In addition, a new homework solution and dynamic online website to accompany Practical Problems in Mathematics for Welders, 6e further assist students as they focus on the math skills most important for success in their welding careers.
- UPDATED EMPHASIS demonstrates how to use math to solve everyday challenges and ensure efficiencies. Today's welders rely on mathematics every day to solve problems from measuring materials for cutting and assembly to ordering product and planning ahead for the most economical use of materials. Clear, updated coverage of the latest technologies, procedures, and techniques for math in welding today helps prepare students to offer future employers exceptional skills.
- NEW SECTIONS address math skills to maximize today's tools. This edition offers new, detailed coverage on use of calculators, micrometers and calipers, multipliers, and pipefitting take-offs to prepare today's learners for on-the-job success.
- EXPANDED EXERCISES further emphasize effective measuring tape use. This edition provides additional coverage and expanded exercises highlighting the most effective use of common measuring tools -- including the measuring tape, which can be a frequent problem area for many students and practicing welders.
- DETAILED EXPLANATIONS AND EXERCISES ON ANGULAR DEVELOPMENT further prepare students for today's work environment. This edition offers more detailed explanations and specific new exercises in Section 7 to address angular development and measurement and to ensure students have mastered important skills in these areas.
- EXPANDED GLOSSARY ensures your students understand and can easily reference today's most current math and welding terms. This edition provides an expanded glossary that highlights today's most common terms, including metal properties and characteristics.
- ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS AND EXERCISES throughout this edition provide more opportunity for practical application. In response to the requests of today's welding instructors and students, this edition now offers numerous extra or expanded real-world math problems and exercises to better prepare today's students for the work environment.
- UPDATED QUESTIONS address math challenges specific to today's latest welding technologies. Today's welding technologies can quickly change and constantly evolve. In response to these developments, this edition highlights new questions that cover the challenges specific to today's newest technologies.
- NEW HOMEWORK SOLUTION PROVIDES TIME-SAVING SUPPORT IN PLANNING AND GRADING MATH ASSIGNMENTS. To save you time and ensure your students have the understanding and necessary math support, this edition now offers CourseMate, a useful Homework Solution tool that corresponds specifically with this edition of the text.
- LATEST EXAMPLES AND PROBLEMS provide a current snapshot of math concepts most important in welding today. Updated examples and practical problems throughout this edition help students master and apply the math skills required in today's welding industry. Students gain a realistic understanding of what to expect in the profession.
- NUMEROUS, Step-by-step examples ensure student understanding. Proven, effective step-by-step examples throughout this edition encourage your students to follow each procedure closely, ensuring comprehension as they progress throughout the text.
- EASY-TO-FOLLOW UNITS are helpful for learning at all levels of math proficiency. This book's easy-to-read, clear explanations and manageable units have earned praise from current users and reviewers. The book's presentation is ideal for learners who may struggle in math as well as accomplished math students who simply need a refresher in the necessary math skills.
- MEANINGFUL, CLEAR ILLUSTRATIONS--NOW MORE THREE-DIMENSIONAL—assist students in visualizing concepts. This edition's enhanced, numerous illustrations offer more dimensional images to help readers clearly visualize weldments, specific projects, and how key mathematical concepts apply to the trade.
2. Common Fractions.
3. Decimal Fractions.
4. Averages, Percentages and Multipliers.
5. Metric System Measurements.
6. Computing Geomtric Measure and Shape.
7. Angular Development and Measurement. 8. Bends, Strechouts, Economical Layout, and Takeoffs.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Applied Math CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Discover a wealth of rich instructional resources at this dynamic new CourseMate website specifically for Practical Problems in Mathematics for Welders, 6E. You can enrich and build upon this edition's content with interactive chapter quizzes, glossaries, interactive flash cards, and engaging learning games that correspond to the new edition of the book. CourseMate also includes a complete e-book, enabling students to choose an entire online learning experience. For instructors, CourseMate also includes Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.
Applied Math CourseMate with eBook Instant Access Code
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.