Request for consultation
Practical Problems for Heating And Cooling Technicians, 6th Edition, provides students with the essential quantitative skills they need for success in the HVAC field. This text presents mathematical theories in concise, easy to understand segments, and reinforces each concept with multiple examples and practice problems from real-world HVAC tasks, including the latest in geothermal systems, and zone heating and cooling. Loaded with helpful visual features and study aids, Practical Problems for Heating And Cooling Technicians, 6th Edition puts key information at the students' fingertips with critical formula conversion charts, a glossary of updated HVAC-specific terms, and hands-on exercises designed to build confidence and comfort with basic mathematical skills.
- Modern Updates: Incorporating reviewer feedback, the 6th Edition includes extra examples and problems on solar power calculation and heat source systems.
- Green Technology Applications: Now featuring energy-efficient heating and cooling products, this text helps future technicians develop skills based on the latest and emerging technologies in the HVAC field.
- New Blueprint Chapter: To help students develop the skills required to read and interpret the types of blueprints typically found on HVAC jobs.
- Robust Supplements: Specifically designed to accompany the book, available CourseMate and Instructor Resources save instructors time while adding dimension to lessons with interactive study tools and course preparation features.
- Stimulating Visuals: Realistic drawings and illustrations help students grasp abstract concepts by showing how they apply to the work they will perform in HVAC jobs.
- Logical Organization: The book starts with the basics and gradually works toward more complex topics to challenge students without overwhelming them.
- Unique Billing Chapter: An often overlooked topic, the chapter on billing demonstrates how to properly submit invoices and collect fees for HVAC work.
- “Practical Problems”: Throughout the text, this feature demonstrates how concepts apply to jobs in the Heating and Cooling industry.
- Handy References: A comprehensive glossary defines HVAC-specific terms, while helpful conversion charts present critical field information at a glance.
2. Common Fractions.
3. Decimal Fractions.
4. Ratio and Proportion.
5. Percent, Percentage, and Discount.
6. Direct Measure.
7. Computed Measure.
9. Stretchouts and Lengths of Arcs.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's Applied Math CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. Applied Math CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.