Request for consultation
PRACTICAL PHARMACOLOGY FOR THE SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST delivers focused content about medications and their common uses in surgical settings, as well as drug classes, administration, biological actions, and safe handling. Developed purposely for surgical technologists in training, this text complies with all requirements from the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technology, 6th Edition. Handy features throughout the chapters help students find and understand Core Curriculum content, answer critical thinking and review questions, and develop a strong foundation in pharmacology practices. Available MindTap® e-learning tools help busy students study on the go, making this text an ideal prep resource for the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) exam.
- Core Compliant: Tracks with content in the Core Curriculum for Surgical Technologists, 6th Edition, clearly identifying key components of the Core Curriculum and other CAAHEP requirements.
- Expanded Material: Supports and supplements Surgical Technology for the Surgical Technologist: A Positive Care Approach, the Association for Surgical Technologists’ widely recognized, foundational text.
- Test-Prep Resource: Helps prepare students for the Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) exam administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- Measurable Outcomes: Learning objectives in every chapter help students focus on the most important information about common drugs, their uses in the operating room, and their biological actions and interactions.
- Skill Building: Critical thinking exercises following every chapter ask students to solve problems that occur in real operating rooms and hospitals—preparing them for a fast-paced career in allied health.
1. Introduction to Pharmacology.
2. Dimensional Analysis.
3. Drug Identification and Classification.
4. Drug Sources.
5. Drug Forms.
6. Routes of Administration.
9. Drug Handling.
10. Medications Commonly Used in the Surgical Environment.
Answers to Critical Thinking Review Questions.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, an instructor’s manual, and a full test bank powered by Cognero®.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere. Include your own favorite test questions, create multiple test versions in an instant, or deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.