Request for consultation
Now more than ever before institutions of higher education are being called upon to provide students with information in the classroom that can contribute to the success of students in the workplace. Unlike any other philosophy text, PHILOSOPHERS AT WORK contains "Practice" sections written by philosopher practitioners who demonstrate how their knowledge of the problems, methods, and theories of philosophy provide powerful tools for addressing the dilemmas that arise in diverse work settings. Through the "Issues and Practice" sections, students are able to gain an understanding of the practical value of philosophy.
Part I: Ethics and the Professions.
2. Health Care Ethics.
3. Lawyer's Ethics.
Part II: Society and Politics.
4. Women's Rights and Social Work.
5. Criminal Justice: Prisons and Corrections.
6. Political Theory and Practice.
Part III: Logic and Science.
7. Logic and Computer Programming.
8. Scientific Method: Medical Research.
Part IV: Truth and Knowledge.
9. Perspectives on Truth: Art, Humanities, and Social Science.
10. Theories of Knowledge and Elementary School Education.
Part V: Minds and Matter.
11. Free Will, Determinism, and Philosophical Counseling.
12. Minds, Bodies, and Artificial Intelligence.
Part VI: Religion and Mysticism.
13. Theism, Atheism, and the Clergy.
14. Mysticism and Cosmic Consciousness.