Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a "student-tested, faculty-approved" process, PFIN4 delivers a visually appealing and succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors, and a consistent online offering with CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools proven to increase retention and outcomes. PFIN4 provides clear, approachable content and additional tools to help you further engage students in learning and understanding personal finance.
- Nearly every worksheet in the book has been updated and revised, providing you and your students with fresh, timely content to work from.
- Exhibits throughout the text reflect up-to-date financial information.
- Trade and investment company/broker rankings included in the text are all up to date.
- To keep the text visually engaging for students, many new photos and graphics have been included throughout as useful reference points.
- Additionally available via CourseMate are Smart Sites, a list of links where finance students can get the most current information related to chapter material; Money Online links to relevant websites and companion exercises that are useful for personal financial planning; Concept Checks, an online section that asks each student to answer a series of question to check his or her comprehension of material in the chapter; and Critical Thinking Cases for each chapter.
- You get all of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none, including a Cognero® test bank, new quizzing, and new PowerPoint® slides--all easily accessible online via your Cengage Learning instructor account.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook--all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys and from interviews with faculty and students.
- Shorter comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-out review cards at the back of the student edition provide students with a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, video podcasts, and more are only a click away.
1. Understanding the Financial Process.
2. Using Financial Statements and Budgets.
3. Preparing Your Taxes.
Part II: MANAGING BASIC ASSETS.
4. Managing Your Cash and Savings.
5. Making Automobile and Housing Decisions.
Part III: MANAGING CREDIT.
6. Using Credit.
7. Using Consumer Loans.
Part IV: Managing Insurance Needs.
8. Insuring Your Life.
9. Insuring Your Health.
10. Protecting Your Property.
Part V: MANAGING INVESTMENTS.
11. Investment Planning.
12. Investing in Stocks and Bonds.
13. Investing in Mutual Funds, ETFs, and Real Estate.
Part VI: RETIREMENT AND ESTATE PLANNING.
14. Planning for Retirement.
15. Preserving Your Estate.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the PFIN Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.
Version for Instructor Review. This version of the textbook includes the same chapter content as the Student Version, but replaces the Chapter Review cards with Prep Cards. Perfect for the experienced instructor looking to try something new or the first-timer coming to the course fresh, Prep Cards offer additional examples, in-class activities, information on the supplements, and more to help you plan your course and enhance your lecture.