Request for consultation
PATHOLOGY AND PARASITOLOGY FOR VETERINARY TECHNICIANS, 2E is a great introduction for veterinary technicians who need pertinent information about pathology and parasitology, laying the groundwork for further study and practice. Clear-cut descriptions, case studies and methodologies prepare technicians for what they will experience in the practical setting. Readers will gain a thorough understanding of technical procedures, parasite life cycles, zoonotic potential, and diagnosis and treatment. Practical case studies and evaluation questions enable application of concepts. Extensive color images on the accompanying CD-ROM Image Library provide a detailed look at parasites and various pathologies. Additionally, this combined pathology and parasitology text will become an invaluable reference in a future work setting.
- More user-friendly.
- Includes even more hands-on techniques such as fecal flotation and the McMaster’s Technique.
- Discussion of hematology and its impact on pathology.
- CD-ROM IMAGE LIBRARY: The CD-ROM Image Library of photos depicting pathologies and parasites clarify what is described in the text.
- CASE STUDIES: The case studies make the text more applicable to the student working in the field.
- COMBINES DISCIPLINES: The combination of pathology and parasitology material enables the student to purchase just one text.
- DESCRIBES CLINICAL APPLICATIONS: The specific “how to” section prepares the student to apply course and text material in the clinical setting.
- COMPREHENSIVE: The comprehensive material is appropriate for students and practitioners in veterinary medicine and the animal, poultry, equine, and dairy sciences.
1: Introduction to Pathology.
2: Cell Injury and Cell Death.
3: Inflammation and Healing.
4: Review of the Circulatory System.
5: Neoplasia: An Introduction to Tumors.
6: Immunological Diseases.
7: Mechanisms of Infections and Causes of Infectious Disease.
8: Genetic Disorders.
9: Environmental and Nutritional Diseases.
10: Zoonosis and Safety on the Job.
Part II - Parasitology
11: The Variety of parasites.
12: Ectoparasites of large animals.
13: Ectoparasites of small animals.
14: Endoparasites of Large Animals.
15: Endoparasites of small animals.
Appendix: Specific Diseases of Selected Species.
Specific How to do or Prepare Examples.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The instructor’s Manual serves as an instructional resource and provides teaching tips or guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.