Request for consultation
PARASITOLOGY FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANS guides your students in understanding the background, source, recovery, and identification of a well-representative range of organisms that commonly affect humans. This text organizes a complex set of topics into an understandable and easy-to-read format that will help your students learn more about parasitic infections and how to effectively collect and prepare samples, aiding in the diagnosis of parasitosis. The subtle differences between similar parasitic organisms are explained in a simple and easily understood manner, increasing the likelihood that your students will be able to recover the parasites, prepare them for identification and, subsequently, ensure effective treatment.
- Provides a strong background on the origins of parasites and the damages they may cause to the human body.
- Describes each major group of parasites based on body sites the organisms predominantly infect.
- Instructs students on the life cycles, recovery, identification, and treatment of various parasitic organisms.
- Microscopic Diagnostic Tools throughout the book consist of standardized lists of distinguishing characteristics of microscopic parasites for easy identification.
- Presents methodology for recovering parasitic organisms from body wastes and secretions, identifying them, and preparing slides for microscopic evaluation in the laboratory procedures chapter.
2. Epidemiology and Conditions Contributing to Parasitic Infestations.
3. Protozoal Microorganisms as Intestinal Parasites
4. Blood (intracellular) and Other Tissue Protozoa
5. Description of Nematodes, Cestodes, Trematodes.
6. Intestinal Nematodes.
7. Intestinal Cestodes.
8. Intestinal Trematodes.
9. Tissue Parasites.
11. Organisms Borne by Tick Vectors.
12. Laboratory Procedures for Identifying Parasitic Organisms and Their Ova.