Request for consultation
What happens when you take two great books and merge them into one? You get the best of both! Griffin/Phillips/Gully combines Griffin's market leading, content-driven text with Phillips/Gully's outstanding pedagogical approach based on student assessment, engagement, and digital elements. Together they form an unbeatable team. The applied approach of ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR: MANAGING PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS, 12th Edition, balances classic management ideas with the most recent OB developments and contemporary trends. New cases, end-of-chapter exercises, in-chapter assessments, end-of-chapter video cases, activities, and optional cases and exercises help you equip your students with the assets, tools, and resources to compete effectively amid a world of change and learn how to Think and Act like managers.
- Streamlined chapter organization makes it easier to cover material in a single semester.
- A brief opening case engages students more effectively, and a brief in-text case ties to specific points in the chapter.
- Self-assessments help students develop better insights into their own behaviors. These assessments are also available in MindTap® with immediate feedback.
- Material has been extended to global settings.
- A YouTube channel, case study index, custom videos, Experiential Exercises powered by YouSeeU, and Assignments make it easy to tailor your course and keep students engaged while elevating their thinking.
- "Real-World Challenges" encourage participation and thought as students examine organizations and topics making news today, such as Disney and Starbucks.
- Self-assessments help students connect to chapter material to promote engagement and encourage development. These self-assessments can also be found in MindTap®.
- Experiential learning activities powered by YouSeeU ® allow students to collaborate virtually online using video and audio and complete Role Play or Group Project assignments.
- Custom designed, the Now What? Video series follows a group of employees at a fictitious toy company to illustrate chapter concepts in a work organization.
1. An overview of organizational behavior.
2. The changing environment of organizations.
Part II: INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIORS AND PROCESSES IN ORGANIZATIONS.
3. Individual characteristics.
4. Individual values, perceptions, and reactions.
5. Motivating behavior.
6. Motivating behavior with work and rewards.
Part III: SOCIAL AND GROUP PROCESSES IN ORGANIZATIONS.
7. Groups and teams.
8. Decision making and problem solving.
10. Conflict and negotiation.
Part IV: LEADERSHIP AND INFLUENCE PROCESSES IN ORGANIZATIONS.
11. Traditional leadership approaches.
12. Modern leadership approaches.
13. Power, influence, and politics.
Part V: ORGANIZATIONAL PROCESSES AND CHARACTERISTICS.
14. Organization structure and design.
15. Organization culture.
16. Change management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Instructors can find course support materials including Instructor's Resource Manual, Test Bank files, PowerPoint® slides, DVD guide, YouTube video links, case maps, and more.
Completely revised from the previous edition, 16 new clips bring organizational behavior to life by challenging students' understanding and reinforcing concepts from the book. These "On the Job" video clips tie to the end of chapter Video Case. Customized "Now What?" video clips can also be found on the DVD. Theses clips link to the end of chapter "Now What?" video case. Supporting materials can be found in the DVD guide.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.