Request for consultation
Created through a "student-tested, faculty-approved" review process with input from more than 150 students and faculty, Collier/Evan's OM4 provides a streamlined introduction to the core concepts, techniques, and applications of contemporary operations management. This engaging, accessible text combines balanced coverage of manufacturing and service operations with a full suite of proven learning tools in a convenient, affordable package. Perfect for today's diverse learners, OM4 includes integrated student resources, such as flashcards, cases, datasets, games and quizzes. This edition's effective tools, including a robust Instructor's Manual, ExamView® applications, videos, and solutions, make course management even easier. In addition to covering essential principles of operations management, this edition contains the latest OM and business examples featuring companies your students will instantly recognize from the news. The book explores the real-world applications of key concepts, emphasizing how material is both timely and personally relevant. New, unique Microsoft® Excel spreadsheet templates illustrate problem-solving, while five additional chapters, available on the website, offer support if you want to delve further into the quantitative aspects of operations management in your course.
- NEW, UNIQUE EXCEL® SPREADSHEET TEMPLATES ILLUSTRATE PROBLEM SOLVING: This new edition of OM4 offers a new set of unique Microsoft® Excel spreadsheet templates designed to clearly illustrate and facilitate solving of common numerical problems.
- MORE END-OF-CHAPTER MATERIAL ENCOURAGES ADDITIONAL PRACTICE: This edition now offers even more varied opportunities for reader practice. The author has increased the number of end-of-chapter problems from 10 to 15 per chapter.
- FRESH REAL COMPANY ILLUSTRATIONS OFFER MEMORABLE EXAMPLES: New boxed features and applied examples from real companies throughout the book seize students' attention and clearly illustrate key principles.
- UPDATED CASES DEMONSTRATE PRINCIPLES AT WORK: Several of the Chapter Cases throughout this edition are either revised or completely new to provide an up-to-the-minute look at OM principles in action.
- NEW COVERAGE ADDRESSES THE LATEST OM DEVELOPMENTS: New chapter material covers the latest topics of critical importance in business today, such as sustainability, business analytics, and global sourcing. In addition, several chapter introductions are completely new to reflect today's most recent developments.
- INNOVATIVE, INTEGRATED PACKAGE INCLUDES BOTH PRINT AND ONLINE CONTENT: A full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles is available to students with the purchase of a new book. Quizzes, PowerPoint® slides, videos, and more are only a click away. Key discussion exercises are at the end of each chapter and additional materials are available on the book's website.
- ENGAGING, ACCESSIBLE PRESENTATION IS COMPREHENSIVE: A streamlined structure with brief, but comprehensive, chapters and a modern design includes numerous examples of OM practices in manufacturing and service organizations that make the text more engaging and accessible without minimizing coverage for your course. Five supplementary chapters are available on the website for instructors who want to delve further into the quantitative aspects of operations management.
- STUDY CARDS OFFER ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Chapter-In-Review Cards at the back of the Student Edition provide a useful, portable study tool containing key information to help students prepare for class, complete assignments, or study for exams.
- INSTRUCTOR PREP CARDS SIMPLIFY AND SAVE TIME: Instructor Prep Cards for each chapter in the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple by offering a quick outline of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint® resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions. PowerPoint® slides, a computerized Test Bank, and an Instructor's Manual are also available.
- FORMULA CARDS PROVIDE QUICK REFERENCE: Both the Instructor's Edition and Student Edition feature detachable Formula Cards listing all key formulas from the text and the chapters in which they appear, making reference and review easier for instructors and students alike.
2. Value Chains.
3. Measuring Performance in Operations.
4. Operations Strategy.
5. Technology and Operations Management.
6. Goods and Service Design.
7. Process Selection, Design, and Analysis.
8. Facility and Work Design.
9. Supply Chain Design.
10. Capacity Management.
11. Forecasting and Demand Planning.
12. Managing Inventories.
13. Resource Management.
14. Operations Scheduling and Sequencing.
15. Quality Management.
16. Quality Control and SPC.
17. Lean Operating Systems.
18. Project Management.
A: Work Measurement, Learning Curves, and Standards.
B: Queuing Analysis.
C: Modeling Using Linear Programming.
E: Decision Analysis.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g., all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the OM Online product and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.