Request for consultation
Widely respected, NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE CYCLE, Sixth Edition clearly illustrates how nutrition impacts healthy people as they grow, develop, and function through the stages of life. Organized systematically, this text progresses from preconception to the end stages of the life cycle, alternating chapters between normal and clinical nutrition, to give a complete picture of each topic. Concepts include nutritional needs, nutrition and health disease outcomes, and model programs, as well as new research on healthful diets, nutrients, gene variants, and nutrient-gene interactions. Realistic case studies throughout the text offer students multiple perspectives on the issues and a true understanding of the clinical applications and care standards in practice today. Now available with the MindTap® learning solution, NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE CYCLE, Sixth Edition also offers expertise from registered dieticians, teachers, and top researchers, and leverages the new 2015 United States Dietary Guidelines. Available with InfoTrac® Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Bold Advances: Now in full color, the sixth edition of NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE CYCLE has been thoroughly updated throughout, reflecting the latest research in nutrition, as well as the United States Dietary Guidelines for 2015.
- Flexible Tools: Designed for the modern age, MindTap® is the customizable, online solution that allows you to mold your class and content around your specific course requirements and student needs.
- ADA Process Standards: Leveraging process standards from the American Dietetic Association, the sixth edition emphasizes the importance and impacts of electronic medical records, evidence-based health care services, and standardization of care delivery in clinical nutrition care practice, and includes expanded coverage of nutrition assessments in every chapter.
- Expert Team: NUTRITION TROUGHOUT THE LIFE CYCLE, Sixth Edition taps into the minds of professionals on the forefront of teaching, research, and clinical practice to explore and explain nutrition during each phase of the life cycle.
- Layered Approach: Each life cycle phase starts with a base chapter on nutrition fundamentals, and then moves to a deeper level to discuss conditions and interventions in the following chapter.
- Opening Tidbits: "Key Nutrition Concepts" kick off each chapter to pique interest in the coming topics and preview the material for better retention.
- Case Focus: Emphasizing clinical and real-world practice, the case studies featured throughout the text illustrate the “how to” instruction that makes complex nutritional concepts easier to understand, retain, and emulate in the workplace.
- Tangible Differences: Tables and illustrations in the text correlate with key concepts as they are presented, making abstract ideas easy to visualize at greater depth, while serving as a key resource for reference and self-testing.
- Margin Terms: Key words and their definitions highlighted in the margins draw attention to important topics in the course and the changing field of nutrition.
2. Preconception Nutrition.
3. Preconception Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
4. Nutrition During Pregnancy.
5. Nutrition During Pregnancy: Conditions and Interventions.
6. Nutrition During Lactation.
7. Nutrition During Lactation: Conditions and Interventions.
8. Infant Nutrition.
9. Infant Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
10. Toddler and Preschooler Nutrition.
11. Toddler and Preschooler Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
12. Child and Preadolescent Nutrition.
13. Child and Preadolescent Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
14. Adolescent Nutrition.
15. Adolescent Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
16. Adult Nutrition.
17. Adult Nutrition: Conditions and Interventions.
18. Nutrition and Older Adults.
19. Nutrition and Older Adults: Conditions and Interventions.
Answers to Review Questions.
Appendix A: Summary of Research of Effects of Exercise Activities on Health of Older Adults.
Appendix B: Body Mass Index (BMI).
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, videos, and an instructor’s manual. Answers to the case studies also may be found here (in the instructor's manual) and are fully assignable in MindTap®.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant, or deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.