Request for consultation
Current, practical information in a real-world context for future nurses and health care professionals. NUTRITION FOR HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE is a trusted text that demonstrates the important role of nutrition to future nurses and health care professionals in their future careers. The text begins by covering basic nutrition concepts and followed by clinical topics organized by organ systems, linking nutrition to different disease states, such as diabetes, renal disease, and liver disorders. Each chapter includes practical information, current research, and clinical practice guidelines for addressing nutrition concerns and incorporating nutrition into care plans. Use all of the valuable resources that accompany NUTRITION FOR HEALTH AND HEALTH CARE to prepare and manage your course.
- New Updated "Nutrition in Practice" features at the end of every chapter focus on popular trends in the field related to the chapter material. New topics include food safety (Chapter 2), expanded coverage on childhood obesity (Chapter 11), and probiotics (Chapter 18).
- New Thoroughly updated with the latest nutrition research and clinical practice guidelines, including information on physical activity recommendations, obesity/bariatrics, nutrition therapy for liver disease, and much more.
- New examples of nursing diagnoses, new sample menus, and updated therapeutic diet tables connect nutrition concepts to practical patient care.
- New Cengage Learning's Nutrition CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. Nutrition CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need! Learn more at cengage.com/coursemate
- "Clinical Application" sections encourage readers to practice mathematical calculations, synthesize information from previous chapters, or understand how dietary modifications affect patients.
- "How To" boxes in various chapters illustrate the application of calculations presented in the chapter.
- "Diet-Drug Interaction" boxes identify important nutrient-drug and food-drug interactions.
- "Review Notes" provide concise bulleted reviews of content in the main sections within each chapter.
- "Case Study" boxes in the clinical chapters encourage students to explore how the information presented in the chapter can be applied to real-world situations.
- NCLEX review questions appear in end-of-chatper material to help students better prepare for the national nursing exam.
- The "Nursing Diagnosis" marginal features can help nursing students correlate nutrition care with nursing care.
- "Nutrition Assessment Checklist" boxes highlight the assessment parameters particularly relevant to specific stages of the life cycle or groups of disorders.
Nutrition in Practice: Finding the Truth about Nutrition.
2. DIGESTION AND ABSORPTION.
Nutrition in Practice: Food Safety.
Nutrition in Practice: The Glycemic Index in Nutrition Practice.
Nutrition in Practice: Figuring Out Fats.
Nutrition in Practice: Vegetarian Diets.
6. ENERGY BALANCE AND BODY COMPOSITION.
Nutrition in Practice: Fad Diets.
7. WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: OVERWEIGHT AND UNDERWEIGHT.
Nutrition in Practice: Eating Disorders.
8. THE VITAMINS.
Nutrition in Practice: Phytochemicals and Functional Foods.
9. WATER AND THE MINERALS.
Nutrition in Practice: Vitamin and Mineral Supplements.
10. NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE SPAN: PREGNANCY AND INFANCY.
Nutrition in Practice: Encouraging Successful Breastfeeding.
11. NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE SPAN: CHILDHOOD AND ADOLESCENCE.
Nutrition in Practice: Childhood Obesity and the Early Development of Chronic Diseases.
12. NUTRITION THROUGH THE LIFE SPAN: LATER ADULTHOOD.
Nutrition in Practice: Hunger and Community Nutrition.
13. NUTRITION CARE AND ASSESSMENT.
Nutrition in Practice: Nutritional Genomics.
14. NUTRITION INTERVENTION AND DIET-DRUG INTERACTIONS.
Nutrition in Practice: Complementary and Alternative Therapies.
15. ENTERAL AND PARENTERAL NUTRITION SUPPORT.
Nutrition in Practice: Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
16. NUTRITION IN METABOLIC AND RESPIRATORY STRESS.
Nutrition in Practice: Multiple Organ Dysfunction Syndrome.
17. NUTRITION AND UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS.
Nutrition in Practice: Nutrition and Oral Health.
18. NUTRITION AND LOWER GASTROINTESTINAL DISORDERS.
Nutrition in Practice: Probiotics and Intestinal Health.
19. NUTRITION AND LIVER DISEASES.
Nutrition in Practice: Alcohol in Health and Disease.
20. NUTRITION AND DIABETES MELLITUS.
Nutrition in Practice: Metabolic Syndrome.
21. NUTRITION AND DISORDERS OF THE HEART AND BLOOD VESSELS.
Nutrition in Practice: Helping People with Feeding Disabilities.
22. NUTRITION AND RENAL DISEASES.
Nutrition in Practice: Dialysis.
23. NUTRITION, CANCER, AND HIV INFECTION.
Nutrition in Practice: Ethical Issues in Nutrition Care.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.