Request for consultation
Through ongoing research into students’ workflows and preferences, NUTR from 4LTR Press combines an easy-reference, paperback textbook with Chapter Review Cards, and an innovative online experience – all at an affordable price. New for this edition, students explore NUTR2 anywhere, anytime, and on most devices with NUTR Online! With the intuitive StudyBits™ functionality, students study more effectively and can visually monitor their own progress. Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, NUTR with NUTR Online engages students of all generations and learning styles, and integrates seamlessly into your nutrition course. NUTR features diet tracking project suggestions, and new chapter highlights that offer students interesting facts and tips on nutrition and physical activity to invite them into the chapter material.
- NUTR 2 has been fully updated to reflect the 2015 USDA Dietary Guidelines. The latest figures, tables, and imagery include updates through the spring of 2016, and have been adjusted for mobile-friendly viewing. A new internal design features a tear-out card redesign to incorporate more and easier-to-use faculty tools in the Chapter Prep Cards!
- NEW NUTR ONLINE: Created through a deep investigation of students' challenges and workflows both broadly and in Nutrition, NUTR Online enables students to study how and when they want−including on their devices! Chapter highlights include diet tracking advice, videos, and interesting nutrition facts and physical activity tips to draw them into the chapter. With the unique StudyBits™ functionality, students easily collect notes and create StudyBits™ from interactive content to collect what’s important. With intuitive tagging and filtering options, they maximize their study efforts as they make and review flashcards, take practice quizzes, view related content and track their progress all in one place! Coupled with straightforward course management, assessment, and analytics for instructors, NUTR with NUTR Online engages students of all generations and learning styles, and integrates seamlessly into your Nutrition and sets the stage for thinking critically about Nutrition.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution, which offers study tools and the full text narrative, all delivered and influenced by a deep understanding of students’ workflow and learning styles. Available as print with online, print only, or online only, students have their choice of format all at the same affordable price.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format that increases the number of students who read the chapter without minimizing coverage for your course.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class and test preparation.
- NUTR 2 Online meets you and your students where you are. Diet tracking activites are provided within the Manage Docs screen of NUTR Online, and can be used with the diet-tracking software of your choice.
2. Choosing Foods Wisely.
3. Body Basics.
7. The Vitamins.
8. Water and the Minerals.
9. Energy Balance and Body Weight Regulation.
10. Life Cycle Nutrition.
11. Sports Nutrition.
12. Eating Disorders.
13. Alcohol, Health, and Disease.
14. Food Safety.
15. Food Insecurity.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resource Center
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.