Request for consultation
Updated to teach the most current XML standards, this book uses real-world case studies and a practical, step-by-step approach to teach XML.
- XML tutorials updated to cover validating both within an editor and within the latest versions of multiple browsers.
- Expanded coverage of basic and advanced schema concepts with increased hands-on instruction, including converting a DTD to a schema.
- New case scenarios in tutorials and exercises.
- New pedagogical features have been added, including Visual Overviews, ProSkills boxes, ProSkills exercises, and Key Steps.
- Includes ten tutorials and five appendices - perfect for a semester-long introductory course on XML.
- Covers XML syntax to create valid, well-formed documents and shows how to work with namespaces to create documents combining several XML vocabularies.
- Gives a thorough lesson on Schemas in Tutorial 4 including employing multiple schemas in large document structures.
- Shows students how to work with several standard XML vocabularies, including XHTML, MathML, and RSS.
- Provides cross-browser solutions to programming with the W3C document object model.
Tutorial 2: Validating an XML Document.
Tutorial 3: Working with Basic Schemas.
Tutorial 4: Working with Advanced Schemas.
Tutorial 5: Working with XSLT and XPath.
Tutorial 6: Working with XSLT Functional Programming.
Tutorial 7: Creating Element Groups.
Tutorial 8: Combining XML and PHP.
Tutorial 9: Working with XML and Databases.
Tutorial 10: Using XML with Mobile Devices.
Appendix A: Installing Exchanger Lite.
Appendix B: XSLT Elements and Attributes.
Appendix C: XPath Reference.
Appendix D: DTD Reference.
Appendix E: XML Schema Reference.
Appendix F: Regular Expressions Reference.
Appendix G: XML and CSS.
Appendix H: Installing XAMPP.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access