Request for consultation
NEW PERSPECTIVES ON HTML, CSS, AND XML, COMPREHENSIVE, 4E teaches students how to create simple to complex Web sites from scratch using HTML, CSS, AND XML. Students are asked to think critically in order to solve problems and complete Case Studies, which reinforces key concepts critical to creating Web pages.
- Includes added coverage of various elements of HTML5 and CSS3 such as mobile browsing, audio and video, doctypes and more.
- New case scenarios in tutorials and exercises have been added.
- New pedagogical features (Visual Overviews, ProSkills boxes, ProSkills exercises, and Key Steps) are included.
- Fosters students' confidence with key skills that have clear lesson progression: basic concepts in the beginning and expanded concepts in subsequent tutorials.
- Increases retention with new case scenarios and end-of-tutorial exercises.
- Features reorganized and updated content based on instructor and author feedback.
- Explores how to create XML documents using custom and standard vocabularies and how to create compound documents that involve several namespaces.
- Prepares students to code Web pages from scratch using a simple text editor with comprehensive, easy-to-follow instructions.
- Reinforces concepts with extensive end-of-chapter material such as Session Quick Checks, and multiple Case Problems.
Tutorial 2: Developing a Web Site.
Tutorial 3: Designing a Web Page with CSS.
Tutorial 4: Creating Page Layouts with CSS.
Tutorial 5: Working with Tables and Columns.
Tutorial 6: Creating a Web Form.
Tutorial 7: Designing a Multimedia Web Site.
Tutorial 8: Enhancing a Web Site with Advanced CSS.
Tutorial 9: Working with XHTML.
Tutorial 11: Creating an XML Document.
Tutorial 12: Validating an XML Document.
Tutorial 13: Working with Basic Schemas.
Tutorial 14: Working with Advanced Schemas.
Appendix A: Color Names with Color Values, and HTML Character Entities.
Appendix B: Making the Web More Accessible.
Appendix C: HTML Elements and Attributes.
Appendix D: Cascading Styles and Selectors.
Appendix E: Frames and Framesets.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Resource CD-ROM
Now all instructor materials are available on one convenient and easy-to-use CD. Designed to help facilitate classroom instruction, this CD has instructor files unique to the textbook. A variety of ancillaries are included such as data and solution files, syllabi, and PowerPoint presentations. All of these tools can help motivate students and enhance their knowledge and course appreciation.