Request for consultation
NEW PERSPECTIVES ON MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8 takes a critical-thinking approach to teaching Windows 8 concepts and skills. In addition to in-depth coverage of essential topics, this book also covers some of the coolest new features to the Windows Operating System including Apps, the Charms Bar, mobile computing, and touch screen capabilities. The New Perspectives Series also has pedagogical elements to help students with all learning styles absorb key information. The Visual Overview at the beginning of each tutorial gives students a graphic view of the content, as well as a study guide for later use. ProSkill Boxes and Exercises provide students with information and practice on Professional Skills that relate to that tutorial's content. Troubleshoot Exercises provide an opportunity for students to apply their skills in a critical thinking setting.
- Visual Overview – a two-page spread at the start of each tutorial – gives students a visual look at the content and can be used as a study guide before quizzes and tests.
- New! Coverage of the new innovative Windows 8 features including Apps, the Charms Bar, mobile computing, and touch screen capabilities.
- ProSkills boxes provide information on Professional Skills that relate to that tutorial's content. Among topics are Teamwork, Verbal and Written Communication, and Problem Solving.
- ProSkills Exercises provide instruction on Professional Skills and then ask students to complete a related activity, further grounding the concepts and skills of that tutorial in reality.
- Uses a case-based, problem-solving approach to teach students essential Windows 8 skills and concepts.
- Keeps students engaged with new business case scenarios throughout the tutorials, providing a real-world context in which they can apply the concepts and skills presented.
- New! Coverage of the cool and innovative Windows 8 features including Apps, the Charms Bar, mobile computing, and touch screen capabilities.
Tutorial 2: Organizing Your Files.
Tutorial 3: Personalizing Your Windows Environment.
Tutorial 4: Working with the Internet and Email.
Tutorial 5: Protecting Your Computer.
Tutorial 6: Searching for Information.
Appendix A: Using Windows 8 with a Touch Screen Device.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Website, Comp
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint ® presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.