Request for consultation
Help your students develop the Microsoft® Office 2016 skills they need to be successful in college and beyond with the emphasis on critical-thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth coverage found in NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: INTRODUCTORY. Updated to provide all-new case scenarios, this dynamic introduction applies skills that students are learning to real-world situations to ensure that concepts remain highly relevant. New Productivity Apps provide a visual introduction to Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge with fun, hands-on activities for active learning. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to use each app. With an unmatched emphasis on learning outcomes and transference of skills, NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: INTRODUCTORY helps you engage your students by clearly demonstrating the importance of what they’re learning.
- NEW BUSINESS CASE SCENARIOS KEEP STUDENTS ENGAGED. These practical case scenarios throughout each module and end-of-module exercises, including Review Assignments and Case Problems, help students apply both skills and concepts to real-world situations.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR WORK AND SCHOOL MODULE PROVIDES A VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by well-known technology author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to master each app.
- TEXT CLEARLY INTRODUCES THE NEW MICROSOFT® WINDOWS 10 OPERATING SYSTEM. Students increase their skills in using the new Microsoft® Edge browser, and Cortana -- the electronic personal assistant provided with Windows 10.
- COVERAGE HIGHLIGHTS THE LATEST NEW OFFICE 2016 FEATURES. Students learn to fully utilize the “Tell me” Help feature; the updated Spelling and Grammar checker; the Office Mix add-in for PowerPoint®; and the new Excel chart types, including histogram, waterfall, and sunburst charts.
- PROSKILLS BOXES CONNECT OFFICE 2016 CONCEPTS TO CAREER SUCCESS. These helpful features emphasize the relevance of the Office skills your students are learning by providing guidance on how to use the software most effectively in professional situations.
Essential Computer Concepts.
Managing Your Files.
Internet Basics and Information Literacy.
Word Module 1: Creating and Editing a Document.
Word Module 2: Navigating and Formatting a Document.
Word Module 3: Creating Tables and a Multipage Report.
Word Module 4: Enhancing Page Layout and Design.
Excel Module 1: Getting Started with Excel.
Excel Module 2: Formatting Workbook Text and Data.
Excel Module 3: Performing Calculations with Formulas and Functions.
Excel Module 4: Analyzing and Charting Financial Data.
Access Module 1: Creating a Database.
Access Module 2: Building a Database and Defining Table Relationships.
Access Module 3: Maintaining and Querying a Database.
Access Module 4: Creating Forms and Reports.
PowerPoint Module 1: Creating a Presentation.
PowerPoint Module 2: Adding Media and Special Effects.
Appendix A: Introduction to Cloud Computing and Office 365.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.