Request for consultation
With proven pedagogy that emphasizes critical-thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth coverage, New Perspectives helps students develop the Microsoft Office 2013 skills they need to be successful in college and beyond. Updated with all new case-based tutorials, New Perspectives Microsoft Office 2013 continues to engage students in applying skills to real-world situations, making concepts relevant. A new Troubleshoot type of case problem enhances critical thinking. As always, New Perspectives improves learning outcomes and transference of skills by helping students understand why what they're learning is important.
- Updated Working in the Cloud Appendix.
- New Integrated Applications Projects Appendix.
- New SAM Projects Appendix with instructor-authored projects.
- New grading in SAM for the chapter projects.
- ProSkills boxes tie Office 2013 concepts with career relevancy by providing guidance on how to use the software in professional situations.
- ProSkills Exercises integrate technology skills with professional skills, further grounding concepts in reality. ProSkills exercises include topics such as teamwork, written communication, verbal communication, problem solving, and decision making.
- Key Steps highlight important points to help students pay close attention to completing the step correctly and avoid time-consuming rework.
- Fully updated to reflect the new features and enhancements in Microsoft Office 2013.
- New case scenarios for all tutorials and end-of-tutorial exercises, including Review Assignments and Case Problems, engage students in applying skills and concepts to real-world situations.
- New Troubleshoot case problems engage students in locating, analyzing, and correcting existing errors to enhance critical-thinking skills.
- Business case scenarios keep students engaged throughout the tutorials, providing a real-world context in which they can apply the concepts and skills presented.
- Visual Overview – a two-page spread at the start of each tutorial – gives a visual look at the tasks and elements covered in the tutorial and can be used as a study guide before quizzes and tests.
Essential Computer Concepts.
Exploring the Basics of Windows 8.
Managing Your Files.
Internet Basics and Information Literacy.
Word Tutorial 1: Creating and Editing a Document.
Word Tutorial 2: Navigating and Formatting a Document.
Word Tutorial 3: Creating Tables and a Multipage Report.
Word Tutorial 4: Enhancing Page Layout and Design.
Excel Tutorial 1: Getting Started with Excel.
Excel Tutorial 2: Formatting Workbook Text and Data.
Excel Tutorial 3: Calculating Data with Formulas and Functions.
Excel Tutorial 4: Analyzing and Charting Financial Data.
Access Tutorial 1: Creating a Database.
Access Tutorial 2: Building a Database and Defining Table Relationships.
Access Tutorial 3: Maintaining and Querying a Database.
Access Tutorial 4: Creating Forms and Reports.
PowerPoint Tutorial 1: Creating a Presentation.
PowerPoint Tutorial 2: Adding Media and Special Effects.
Integrating Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Appendix A: Introduction to Cloud Computing.
Appendix B: Capstone Projects.
Appendix C: Integrated Projects.
Appendix D: SAM Projects.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.