Request for consultation
With the New Perspectives' critical-thinking, problem-solving approach, students will gain a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office 2010 and will learn how to take advantage of the flexibility it offers. Case-based tutorials challenge students to apply what they are learning to real-life tasks, preparing them to easily transfer skills to new situations. With New Perspectives, students understand why they're learning what they're learning and are better situated to retain skills beyond the classroom.
- New business case scenarios keep students engaged throughout the tutorials, providing a real-world context in which they can apply the concepts and skills presented.
- Visual Overview – a two-page spread at the start of each tutorial – gives a visual look at the tasks and elements covered in the tutorial and can be used as a study guide before quizzes and tests.
- ProSkills boxes tie Office 2010 concepts with career relevancy by providing guidance on how to use the software in professional situations.
- ProSkills Exercises integrate technology skills with professional skills, further grounding concepts in reality. ProSkills exercises include topics such as teamwork, written communication, verbal communication, problem solving, and decision making.
- Key Steps highlight important points to help students pay close attention to completing the step correctly and avoiding time-consuming rework.
Essential Computer Concepts.
Exploring the Basics of Microsoft Windows 7.
Managing Your Files: Organizing Files and Folders with Windows 7.
Browser and Email Basics.
Getting Started with Microsoft Office 2010.
Tutorial 1: Creating a Document.
Tutorial 2: Editing and Formatting a Document.
Tutorial 3: Creating a Multiple-Page Report.
Tutorial 4: Desktop Publishing and Mail Merge.
Tutorial 1: Getting Started with Excel.
Tutorial 2: Formatting a Workbook.
Tutorial 3: Working with Formulas and Functions.
Tutorial 4: Enhancing a Workbook with Charts and Graphs.
Tutorial 1: Creating a Database.
Tutorial 2: Building a Database and Defining Table Relationships.
Tutorial 3: Maintaining and Querying a Database.
Tutorial 4: Creating Forms and Reports.
Tutorial 1: Creating a Presentation.
Tutorial 2: Adding and Modifying Text and Graphic Objects.
Integrating Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Appendix A: Introduction to SkyDrive and Office Web Apps.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.