Request for consultation
Help your students develop the critical Microsoft® Access® 2013 skills they need for success in college and beyond with this latest edition from the leading New Perspectives Series. Updated with all-new case-based tutorials, NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013, COMPREHENSIVE ENHANCED EDITION continues to engage students by applying MS Access 2013 skills to real situations that fully demonstrate the relevance of concepts. Proven pedagogy emphasizes critical thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth coverage. A new Troubleshoot case problem enhances analytical skills, while a new tutorial on Managing Your Files helps students navigate Windows 8. A wealth of resources, including MindTap™ and SAM, provides opportunities for students to practice skills. Improve learning outcomes and ensure transference of skills as NEW PERSPECTIVES MICROSOFT ACCESS 2013 helps students understand why what they’re learning is important.
- NEW STUDENT SUCCESS GUIDE PROVIDES HELPFUL INSIGHTS, TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES. This useful Guide offers content essential to your students’ success in the classroom with a special focus on effective planning, time management, and study tools. The Guide emphasizes Microsoft® OneNote, in particular, to increase students’ overall effectiveness.
- NEW SAM PROJECTS APPENDIX HIGHLIGHTS INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW PROJECTS THAT CORRESPOND WITH THIS EDITION. You’ll find printed instructions for a new instructor-authored SAM Project that corresponds to the new content in this edition.
- NEW CAPSTONE PROJECTS APPENDIX PROVIDES THREE NEW PROJECTS TO CHALLENGE STUDENTS. These thought-provoking projects encourage students to apply the concepts and skills they’ve learned with three levels of content: Introductory (Tutorials 1-4), Intermediate (Tutorials 5-8), and Advanced (Tutorials 9-12).
- NEW MICROSOFT® OFFICE SPECIALIST CERTIFICATION APPENDIX PROVIDES AN INVALUABLE REFERENCE TOOL. This new appendix highlights key information about the certification program with a table that indicates where applicable certification skills are covered in this edition. This information is vital for students pursuing the Microsoft® Office Specialist Exam for Access 2013.
- BUSINESS CASE SCENARIOS PROVIDE A REAL-WORLD CONTEXT FOR CONCEPTS. These intriguing scenarios keep students engaged throughout the tutorials as they provide a real-world context in which students can apply the concepts and skills they are learning.
- TWO-PAGE VISUAL OVERVIEWS INTRODUCE KEY ELEMENTS OF EACH TUTORIAL. This dynamic two-page graphic spread at the beginning of each tutorial previews the tasks and elements the tutorial will address. These Overviews can serve as a useful study guide before quizzes and tests.
- PROSKILLS BOXES DEMONSTRATE THE RELEVANCY OF ACCESS 2013 CONCEPTS TO CAREERS. These features provide guidance on how to most effectively use software in professional situations.
- PROSKILLS EXERCISES INTEGRATE TECHNOLOGY SKILLS WITH PROFESSIONAL SKILLS. These exercises further ground concepts in today’s business reality. ProSkills Exercises focus on relevant topics, such as teamwork, written communication, verbal communication, problem solving, and decision making.
- KEY STEPS HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANT POINTS IN COMPLETING WORK CORRECTLY. This helpful feature guides students in paying close attention in order to accomplish each step the right way and avoid any time-consuming re-work.
Managing Your Files.
Tutorial 1: Creating a Database.
Tutorial 2: Building a Database and Defining Table Relationships.
Tutorial 3: Maintaining and Querying a Database.
Tutorial 4: Creating Forms and Reports.
Tutorial 5: Creating Advanced Queries and Enhancing Table Design.
Tutorial 6: Using Form Tools and Creating Custom Forms.
Tutorial 7: Creating Custom Reports.
Tutorial 8: Sharing, Integrating, and Analyzing Data.
Tutorial 9: Using Action Queries and Advanced Table Relationships.
Tutorial 10: Automating Tasks with Macros.
Tutorial 11: Using and Writing Visual Basic for Applications Code.
Tutorial 12: Managing and Sharing a Database.
Appendix A: Relational Databases and Database Design.
Appendix B: SAM Projects
Appendix C: Capstone Projects
Appendix D: Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.