Request for consultation
The 7th Edition of New Perspectives on HTML and CSS provides instruction on building websites using real-world case scenarios. This text does not require any prior knowledge of the subject nor specialized software other than a basic editor and Web browser. Each tutorial is based on a case problem which leads students through the creation of website while mastering new techniques and complex concepts. Students develop their problem-solving skills by working through realistic exercises, which help them retain the material and apply what they’ve learned in a professional environment.
- Greatly expanded coverage of designing for mobile, tablet, and desktop devices.
- Implementation of responsive design and the latest elements, attributes, and styles from HTML5 and CSS.
- Focus on the importance of maintaining compatibility across browsers and browser versions.
- New topics include: media queries, grid-based layouts and grid frameworks, CSS3 grid styles, CSS3 shadow styles, CSS3 gradient fills, CSS3 transformations and filters, flexboxes and flexible designs, working with developer tools, etc.
- Designed to foster your confidence, this text starts out with the basics and gradually helps you increase your knowledge and skill set by providing increasingly difficult tasks and exercises within each chapter.
- Case scenarios are woven throughout each chapter, which help you understand how the concepts and skills in the text relate to the professional environment.
- Visual Overview – a two-page spread at the start of each session – gives a preview of the topics and terms covered in the session and can be used as a study guide before quizzes and tests.
- ProSkills Boxes tie HTML and CSS concepts and skills with career relevancy by providing guidance for using the technology in professional situations. ProSkills exercises integrate the technology skills students learn with one or more of today’s necessary professional skills, such as teamwork, written communication, verbal communication, problem solving and decision making.
- Key Steps highlight important steps to help you pay close attention to completing the step correctly and avoid time-consuming rework.
2. Getting Started with CSS3.
3. Designing a Page Layout.
4. Graphic Design with CSS.
5. Designing for the Mobile Web.
Appendix A: Color Names, Color Values, and Character Codes.
Appendix B: HTML5 Elements and Attributes.
Appendix C: CSS3 Styles and Selectors.
Appendix D: Making the Web more Accessible.
Appendix E: Storyboarding a Website.
Appendix F: Validation with XHTML.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Find everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint ® presentations, images, test banks, instructor’s manual , and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.