Request for consultation
Give your students the full understanding of today’s digital world with the cohesive framework and logical organization found only in NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2016, ENHANCED, INTRODUCTORY. This dynamic book by leading technology author June Parsons provides the latest updates on emerging technology with engaging learning features, informative visuals and hands-on activities proven to increase learning effectiveness. An insightful introduction highlights today’s digital evolution, while coverage of social media and online security examines concepts behind today’s influential technology trends. Your students explore the underlying principles supporting the wide scope of digital devices in use today with a focus on the connectivity that pervades modern life. This Enhanced Edition includes a new hands-on programming chapter that lets students with no prior coding experience learn to program with immediate success using Python™.
- TRY IT! PROGRAMMING WITH PYTHON™ OFFERS HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE TO USERS. This new unit provides a step-by-step, hands-on, introduction to programming. By following step-by-step instructions, student learn to program successfully and immediately-- even if they have no prior experience.
- UPDATED SCREENS THROUGHOUT REFLECT THE LATEST OPERATING SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS. New visuals incorporate the latest features of Microsoft® Windows 10 and Office 2016 to ensure that your students are prepared to work with the most current versions of these important tools.
- PROVIDES COMPLETE INTRODUCTION TO TODAY’S SPECTRUM OF OPERATING SYSTEMS. This edition offers thorough coverage and examples of the latest MS Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, Android and Chrome OS throughout the book. Your students leave your course with a basic understanding of how to maximize the critical applications in today’s leading operating systems.
- QUICKCHECK EXERCISES HELP STUDENTS GAUGE COMPREHENSION. Located in each section, these QuickCheck Exercises ensure your students fully understand the concepts they have just read before they progress further.
- END-OF-UNIT READINGS HIGHLIGHT SOCIAL AND ETHICAL ISSUES. These readings provide material for thought-provoking classroom discussions. Accompanying Try It! and What Do You Think? exercises encourage students to think critically about the topics.
- END-OF-UNIT ACTIVITIES REINFORCE CONCEPTS WITH MEANINGFUL PRACTICE. Interactive Summary Questions, Interactive Situation Questions, and Lab Projects enable students to practice the specific skills covered in each chapter with practical, hands-on applications.
- STUDENTS PRACTICE INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS USING ONLINE TOOLS. A section in each unit guides students in refining their skills in searching, selecting, organizing, evaluating, and citing source material. When you add Search Expert to your course, you further help your students acquire skills and tools they can apply to research across any curriculum.
Glossary. Index. Answers.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.