Request for consultation
The NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2014 package will be a shrink-wrapped package of 3 print and digital products: The NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2014, INTRODUCTORY title will be bundled with exciting Microsoft Office 2013 content entitled MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 TRY IT! and the CourseMate PAC.
- Includes brief coverage of Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Updated to cover the most relevant technology trends that affect computing and everyday life such as data security, online safety, digital rights management, open source software and the iPad.
- Chapter outlines and Learning Objectives highlight what is covered and the expected student outcome for each chapter.
- Concept Maps at the beginning of each section help students organize their knowledge.
- QuickCheck exercises in each section help students gauge their reading comprehension.
- End-of-chapter readings emphasizes social and ethical issues and provide material for thought-provoking classroom discussions. Accompanying Try It! and What Do You Think? exercises engage students in critical thinking about the topics.
- End-of-chapter activities including Lab Assignments, Interactive Situation Questions, Interactive Practice Tests, and more reinforce concepts and engage students in practicing specific skills covered in each chapter.
- A section in each chapter helps students practice information literacy skills using online tools for searching, selecting, organizing, evaluating, and citing source material. Add Search Expert to your course and help your students acquire skills and tools they can apply to research across the curriculum.
- Discovery Issue format is designed to propel students into active study and investigation.
1. Computers and Digital Basics.
2. Computer Hardware.
4. Operating Systems and File Management.
5. Local Area Networks.
6. The Internet.
7. The Web and E-mail.
8. Digital Media.
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 TRY IT!.
Before You Begin.
1. Getting Started with Application Software.
2. Creating a Document.
3. Formatting a Document.
4. Finalizing a Document.
Microsoft Word Porjects.
5. Creating a Worksheet.
6. Formatting a Worksheet.
7. Finalizing a Worksheet.
Microsoft Excel Projects.
8. Creating a Presentation.
9. Finalizing a Presentation.
Microsoft PowerPoint Projects.
10. Creating a Database.
11. Finalizing a Database.
Microsoft Access Projects.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.