Request for consultation
Take your students beyond the basics with the award-winning NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS. Designed to get all students up-to-speed on essential computer literacy skills, this market leading text goes deeper, providing students with the technical and practical information they need for academic and career success. NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2014 incorporates significant technology trends that affect computing and everyday life; such as concerns for data security, personal privacy, online safety, controversy over digital rights management, interest in open source software and portable applications, and more. In addition, coverage of Microsoft Windows 8 and Office 2013 will introduce your students to the exciting new features of Microsoft's next generation of software. ** The eBook CD is not automatically for sale with this book. It is available for purchase with this book in a separate bundle.
- Updated to cover the most relevant technology trends that affect computing and everyday life such as data security, online safety, digital rights management, open source software and the iPad.
- Includes brief coverage of Microsoft Windows 8 and Microsoft Office 2013.
- Chapter outlines and Learning Objectives highlight what is covered and the expected student outcome for each chapter.
- Concept Maps at the beginning of each section help students organize their knowledge.
- QuickCheck exercises in each section help students gauge their reading comprehension.
- End-of-chapter readings emphasizes social and ethical issues and provide material for thought-provoking classroom discussions. Accompanying Try It! and What Do You Think? exercises engage students in critical thinking about the topics.
- End-of-chapter activities including Lab Assignments, Interactive Situation Questions, Interactive Practice Tests, and more reinforce concepts and engage students in practicing specific skills covered in each chapter.
- A section in each chapter helps students practice information literacy skills using online tools for searching, selecting, organizing, evaluating, and citing source material. Add Search Expert to your course and help your students acquire skills and tools they can apply to research across the curriculum.
- Discovery Issue format is designed to propel students into active study and investigation.
1. Computers and Digital Basics.
2. Computer Hardware.
4. Operating Systems and File Management.
5. Local Area Networks.
6. The Internet.
7. The Web and E-mail.
8. Digital Media.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.