Request for consultation
Get Synched! Learning happens when students and instructors effectively connect and communicate. NEW PERSPECTIVES ON COMPUTER CONCEPTS 2013 makes it possible. This edition goes beyond the computer basics and covers relevant technical and practical information that matter to students' daily lives.
- Updated to cover the most relevant technology trends that affect computing and everyday life such as data security, online safety, digital rights management, open source software and new technologies such as the iPad.
- This edition introduces new tools that help students visualize concepts, organize their knowledge, think critically about technology issues, and sort through the sea of information that accompanies scholarly research and everyday social networking.
- New section in each chapter helps students practice information literacy skills using online tools for searching, selecting, organizing, evaluating, and citing source material. Add Search Expert to your course and help your students acquire skills and tools they can apply to research across the curriculum.
- New "Discovery Issue" format, designed to propel students into active study and investigation.
- New "Concept Map" visual element at the beginning of each section helps students structure, organize, and generalize their knowledge.
- Watch student comprehension soar when you choose to include Cengage Learning's Computer Concepts CourseMate for New Perspectives on Computer Concepts in your course. This digital solution brings concepts to life with a media rich e-book, interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support your New Perspectives on Computer Concepts book, and the Engagement Tracker feature for no hassle automatic grading. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need to effectively teach computer concepts and what your students need to engage in and retain the information.
- Context – The content emphasizes social and ethical issues to draw attention to important topics and provide material for thought-provoking classroom discussions.
1. Computers and Digital Basics.
2. Computer Hardware.
3. Computer Software.
4. Operating Systems and File Management.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.