Request for consultation
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC LEARNING READER: SUSTAINABILITY w/PAC eBOOK is a part of a ground-breaking new series, the National Geographic Learning Reader Series.This series brings learning to life by featuring compelling images, media and text from National Geographic. Through this engaging content, students develop a clearer understanding of the world around them. Published in a variety of subject areas, the National Geographic Learning Reader Series connects key topics to authentic examples and can be used in conjunction with most standard texts or online materials available for your courses. Access to a media enhanced eBook included with each reader. This reader is designed to be used in combination with several core texts in a variety of trades fields by focusing on the importance of Green and Sustainability. Used as a supplement with two strong brands of National Geographic and Delmar Learning, this reader will bring relevancy, critical thinking skill activities, vocabulary and career information to the topics you are covering in the core area. With broad articles included in the reader, the companion website will allow you and your students to apply topics as they show how the theories are applied in a real world setting.
- Includes a collection of articles relevant to the importance of Green and Sustainability in electrical, drafting and construction trades.
- Each article has an introduction to provide context for the student as well as focus questions that suggest ideas to think about while reading the selection.
- Rich photography and compelling images are used throughout the reader to further enhance understanding of the selections.
- The chapter culminating section includes discussion questions to stimulate both in-class discussion and out-of-class work.
- Additional resources are available via a media-rich eBook. This eBook contains a website with a robust list of activities that include Anticipation Guides, Flashcards, Citizenship activities, career links, critical thinking activities, and writing activities, as well as the capability to highlight, take notes, search and bookmark.
Iceland's Power Struggle.
Plugging into the Sun.
Can Solar Save Us.
The 21st Century Grid.
The Big Idea: Get the Salt Out.
High Marks for Clean Water.
The Deep Dilemma.
Next: Space Elevator.
Environment: London's Green Giant.
Up on the Roof.
"National Geographic content is stunning, innovative, engaging, captivating, and current. The style of writing brings fascination and excitement to the reader. The quality of all of their resources is outstanding."
"National Geographic is the perfect balance of readable, understandable science with stunning visual images."