Request for consultation
If you are new to programming with Python and are looking for a solid introduction, this is the book for you. Developed by computer science instructors, books in the "for the absolute beginner" series teach the principles of programming through simple game creation. You will acquire the skills that you need for practical Python programming applications and will learn how these skills can be put to use in real-world scenarios. Throughout the chapters, you will find code samples that illustrate concepts presented. At the end of each chapter, you will find a complete game that demonstrates the key ideas in the chapter, a summary of the chapter, and a set of challenges that tests your newfound knowledge. By the time you finish this book, you’ll be well versed in Python and be able to apply the basic programming principles you’ve learned to the next programming language you tackle.
- Perfect for the beginning programmer who wants to learn Python, a powerful, flexible, and concise programming language.
- Each new concept is taught using a simple example program, and an end-of-chapter project ties together all of the concepts learned.
- Each end-of-chapter project is games-based, making programming fun and accessible.
- Accompanying website contains all of the software needed to write and run the programs in the book.
1. Getting Started: The Game Over Program.
2. Types, Variables, and Simple I/O: The Useless Trivia Program.
3. Branching, while Loops, and Program Planning: The Guess My Number Game.
4. for Loops, Strings, and Tuples: The Word Jumble Game.
5. Lists and Dictionaries: The Hangman Game.
6. Functions: Tic-Tac-Toe.
7. Files and Exceptions: The Trivia Challenge Game.
8. Software Objects: The Critter Caretaker Program.
9. Object-Oriented Programming: The Blackjack Game.
10. GUI Development: The Mad Lib Program.