Request for consultation
HEAVY DUTY TRUCK SYSTEMS, 5th EDITION is a best-selling introduction to servicing medium-and heavy-duty trucks, providing a strong foundation of content on Electricity and Electronics, Power Train, Steering and Suspension, Brakes, and Accessories Systems. The fifth edition has been updated throughout including an introduction to Eaton DM clutches and comprehensive coverage of Caterpillar's new highway vocational transmission, updates of electricity and electronics to cover new battery technology, and coverage of new FMVSS 121 (2009) stopping distance for semi-combinations.
- Standard to metric values (metric in brackets) throughout except for CVSA and FMVSS compliance specs. (These are not converted due to the potential to create confusion).
- Shift from PM routines to prognostic maintenance, reflecting current trucking industry practices.
- Updating of electricity and electronics to cover new battery technology, changes in electronic service tools, collision avoidance technologies, and service information systems (SIS).
- Introduction to Eaton DM clutches and comprehensive coverage of Caterpillar's new highway vocational transmissions (CX family).
- Coverage of new FMVSS 121 (2009) stopping distance for semi-combinations.
- Inclusion of Reefer cryogenics and BlueCool-type heat exchanges.
2. Shop Safety and Operations.
3. Tools and Fasteners.
5. Fundamentals of Electricity.
6. Fundamentals of Electronics and Computers.
8. Charging Systems.
9. Cranking Systems.
10. Chassis Electrical Circuits.
11. Diagnosis and Repair of Electronic Circuits.
13. Hydraulics fundamentals.
15. Standard Transmissions.
16. Standard Transmission Servicing.
17. Torque Converters.
18. Automatic Transmissions.
19. Automatic Transmission Maintenance.
20. Electronically Automated Standard Transmissions.
21. Electronic Automatic Transmissions.
22. Driveshaft Assemblies.
23. Heavy-Duty Truck Axles.
24. Heavy-Duty Truck Axle Service and Repair.
25. Steering and Alignment.
26. Suspension Systems.
27. Wheels and Tires.
28. Truck Brake Systems.
29. Hydraulic and Air-over-Hydraulic Braking Systems.
30. ABS and EBS Braking Systems.
31. Air Brake Servicing.
32. Vehicle Chassis Frame.
33. Heavy Duty Truck Trailers.
34. Fifth Wheels and Coupling Systems.
35. Heavy-Duty HVAC systems.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Resources t/a MDT: Light Duty Diesels This valuable instructors CD-ROM contains a 64-page Instructor's Manual, an Image Gallery, PowerPoint slide with selected text images, and a set of chapter tests to help.