Request for consultation
Designed for the required course on hydraulics found in diesel technology and heavy equipment programs, MOBILE EQUIPMENT HYDRAULICS: A SYSTEMS AND TROUBLESHOOTING APPROACH, takes a practical approach to the understanding of fluid power / hydraulic systems. Instead of concentrating on the design issues of fluid power systems this book approaches hydraulics more like a technician would to approach a system that requires maintenance or troubleshooting. Nearly all aspiring diesel technicians receive training in this subject, which is one of seven areas of study recognized by NATEF in diesel technology. Coverage includes a study of terminology, industrial standards, symbols and basic circuitry design as related to fluid power. Examples are drawn from actual equipment that is relevant to the program of study, whether it be heavy truck, earth-moving, or agricultural equipment.
- Written in easy to understand language with limited use of math to explain concepts and theory.
- Written for the technician for whom hydraulic systems is not their primary trade.
- Emphasizes the skills required by these technicians in their daily work with hydraulic systems as a truck and heavy equipment service technician.
- Emphasizes important skills, such as how to research, find and interpret diagnostic information.
- An Instructor's CD which will include an answer key, additional chapter tests, an Image Library of art and photos organized by chapter and PPT lecture outlines.
2. Building a Basic Cylinder or Hydraulic Motor Circuit.
3. The Math.
4. ANSI Symbols.
5. Oils and Other Hydraulic Fluids.
6. Piping, Tubing and Hoses.
7. Couplers and Fittings.
8. System Design.
9. Electrical Controls.
11. Troubleshooting Fluid Power Systems.
13. Hydraulic/Fluid Power Systems.