Request for consultation
Created by the continuous feedback of a “student-tested, faculty-approved” process, MIS5 delivers a visually appealing, succinct print component, tear-out review cards for students and instructors and a consistent online offering with CourseMate that includes an eBook in addition to a set of interactive digital tools all at a value-based price and proven to increase retention and outcomes. MIS5 employs state-of-the-art coverage through numerous practical applications and offers emerging cases from the information systems field. In addition, author Hossein Bidgoli provides a daily article link on current MIS topics via Facebook, Twitter (@4LTRPress_MIS) and LinkedIn (4LTR Press for MIS). Follow along!
- Brand-new topics have been added of which Cyber Crime (Ch. 4), Big Data (Ch. 3), Net Neutrality (Ch. 4), the Internet of Everything (Ch. 7) and Contextual Computing (Ch. 13) are prime examples.
- The End of Chapter content has been redesigned to include 8 new Review and Discussion questions, 6 Projects, 5 new Cases and a brand-new section “Are you ready to move on” which offers 6 Test Questions.
- Hossein Bidgoli provides a daily article link on current MIS topics via Facebook, LinkedIn (4LTR Press for MIS) and Twitter.
- Tear-Out Review Cards at the back of the Student Editions provide students a portable study tool containing all of the pertinent information for class preparation.
- Instructor Prep Cards at the back of the Instructor's Edition make preparation simple with detachable cards for each chapter, offering a quick map of chapter content, a list of corresponding PowerPoint and video resources, additional examples, and suggested assignments and discussion questions to help you organize chapter content efficiently.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes with CourseMate, the interactive digital component that offers a full suite of unique learning tools that appeal to different learning styles. Quizzes, videos, games, and more are only a click away.
- All of the content and resources you expect with a supplements package that is second to none including test banks tagged for AACSB standards and Bloom's Taxonomy, Instructor Manual with solutions to end of chapter content, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Several new Web sites and mobile apps have been added throughout the textbook.
- The brand-new End of Chapter questions will include: 8 new Review and Discussion questions, 6 Projects, 5 new Cases and a brand-new section “Are you ready to move on” which offers 6 Test Questions.
- Updated information boxes and end-of-chapter cases show MIS applications in current business settings.
- Big data, the Internet of Everything, and Contextual Computing are some of the new topics covered.
- Every 4LTR Press solution comes complete with an engaging print textbook, tear-out review cards, an interactive digital solution (CourseMate), and an eBook all of which were directly influenced from student focus groups and surveys, and from interviews with over 200 faculty and students.
- Shorter, comprehensive chapters in a modern design present content in a more engaging and accessible format without minimizing coverage for your course.
- MIS 5 offers today's most current IS statistics, hardware, software, and applications.
1. Information Systems: An Overview.
2. Computers: The Machines Behind Computing.
3. Database Systems, Data Warehouses, and Data Marts.
4. Personal, Legal, Ethical, and Organizational Issues of Information Systems.
5. Protecting Information Resources.
Part II: DATA COMMUNICATION, THE INTERNET, E-COMMERCE, AND GLOBAL INFORMATION SYSTEMS.
6. Data Communication: Delivering Information Anywhere and Anytime.
7. The Internet, Intranets, and Extranets.
9. Global Information Systems.
Part III: IS DEVELOPMENT, ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS, MSS, AND EMERGING TRENDS.
10. Building Successful Information Systems.
11. Enterprise Systems.
12. Management Support Systems.
13. Intelligent Information Systems.
14. Emerging Trends, Technologies, and Applications.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Website
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint presentations, images, instructor’s manual, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want. Every question has undergone a series of accuracy checks and anti-piracy reviews, as well as a multi-point inspection to remove weak question options (e.g. all answers are correct), sharpen ambiguous questions, and ensure balanced coverage of major course concepts, difficulty levels, and Bloom’s Taxonomy. The test bank questions form the basis for the assessments in the MIS Online product, and are different from the Practice Quizzes available for students.