Request for consultation
The Computer Forensic Series by EC-Council provides the knowledge and skills to identify, track, and prosecute the cyber-criminal. The series is comprised of four books covering a broad base of topics in Computer Hacking Forensic Investigation, designed to expose the reader to the process of detecting attacks and collecting evidence in a forensically sound manner with the intent to report crime and prevent future attacks. Learners are introduced to advanced techniques in computer investigation and analysis with interest in generating potential legal evidence. In full, this and the other three books provide preparation to identify evidence in computer related crime and abuse cases as well as track the intrusive hacker’s path through a client system. The series and accompanying labs help prepare the security student or professional to profile an intruder’s footprint and gather all necessary information and evidence to support prosecution in a court of law. The first book in the Computer Forensics series is Investigation Procedures and Response. Coverage includes a basic understanding of the importance of computer forensics, how to set up a secure lab, the process for forensic investigation including first responder responsibilities, how to handle various incidents, and information on the various reports used by computer forensic investigators.
- MindTap is a personalized teaching experience with relevant assignments that guide students to analyze, apply, and improve thinking, allowing you to measure skills and outcomes with ease.
- The series maps to the current Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator certification exam number 312-49.
- Updated illustrations and screen shots offer visualization and clarification of important tools and tactics used by hackers.
- What If? cases found at the beginning of each chapter present short scenarios followed by questions that challenge the learner to arrive at a solution to the problem presented.
- Hands-On Projects encourage learners to apply the knowledge they have gained after finishing the chapter. Files for the Hands-On Projects can be found in the MindTap or on the Student Resource Center.
- State-of-the-art tools of the forensic trade are highlighted, including software, hardware and specialized techniques.
- Coverage of various computer forensic processes ranging from securing evidence to maintaining professional conduct.
- Readers investigate network traffic, wireless attacks, web attacks, DoS attacks, internet crimes, e-mail crimes, corporate espionage, copyright infringement and more!
- Free instructor resources available online, including an Instructor’s Manual, Cognero test banks, PowerPoint presentations, additional hands-on activities and labs, assessment activities, and a final exam.
2. Computer Forensic Lab.
3. Computer Investigation Process.
4. First Responder Procedures.
5. Incident Handling.
6. Investigative Reports.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
MindTap® Information Security, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for EC-Council Press’ Computer Forensics Series
MindTap® for EC-Council’s Computer Forensics Series is the digital learning solution that powers students from memorization to mastery. It gives you complete control of your course. Empower students to accelerate their progress with MindTap: Powered by You. MindTap helps students master skills for today’s workforce. Research shows employers need critical thinkers, troubleshooters and creative problem-solvers. MindTap helps with activities, hands-on lab practice, and certification test prep. Assignments progress from basic to challenging problems and tie to the C
MindTap Information Security for EC-Council Press’ Computer Forensics Series
MindTap® Information Security for EC-Council Press' Computer Forensics: Investigation Procedures and Response (CHFI), 2nd Edition helps you learn on your terms. INSTANT ACCESS IN YOUR POCKET. Take advantage of the MindTap Mobile App. Read or listen to the text and study with the aid of instructor notifications, the IQ app, flashcards, and practice quizzes. MINDTAP HELPS YOU GEAR UP FOR ULTIMATE SUCCESS. Track your scores so you know where to focus your efforts and stay motivated toward your goals. Study tools include hands-on labs and real-life scenarios that sharpen critical-thinking skills. MINDTAP HELPS YOU MAKE THE TEXTBOOK YOURS. No one knows what works for you better than you. Highlight key text, add notes, and create custom flashcards. When it’s time to study, everything you’ve flagged or noted can be gathered into a guide you can organize.