Request for consultation
EMERGE WITH COMPUTER CONCEPTS is a new and revolutionary way to teach and learn about digital literacy. It bridges the gap between conventional education and the way students want to learn by creating an environment that encourages students to do what comes naturally: surf the Web. Leveraging the latest technologies such as RSS feeds, YouTube videos, and Web links, EMERGE promotes discovery learning which allows students to explore, peruse, skip over, delve, wander, and drill into Computer Concepts and Issues.
- NEW: Emphasis on Critical Thinking: "Spotlight on the News" feature highlights current events and links them to concepts taught; "What Would YOU Do?" presents dilemmas that require students to think critically and integrate concepts learned; and "An Ethical Dilemma" presents scenarios that require students to consider all sides of a timely issue.
- NEW: Office for Mac 2011: Upgraded from the Office for Mac 2008 in the previous version, parallel lessons to those for Office 2010 for PC's are offered for Macs using Office 2011.
- NEW: Concepts Revision: Updates to all concepts pages, including YouTube videos and photos.
- RELEVANCE: Let's face it; students don't read long, dense text. Emerge with Computer Concepts divides lessons into a series of manageable sections, helping students retain more information. Plus, current and relevant content pulls into Emerge each week, helping students relate to the material.
- DIGITAL: Emerge helps bridge the gap between conventional education and the way students want to learn. The completely digital learning environment encourages students to do what comes naturally – get online.
- CHOICE: Compatible with most Learning Management Systems including Blackboard, Moodle, WebCT, Angel and Desire2Learn, along with a number of versions, Emerge provides the opportunity to meet the needs of online or on-ground classes, your teaching preferences, and most importantly – your students.
Intellectual Property Rights.
Freedom of Speech.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
MindTap® Computing, 1 term (6 months) Instant Access for Baldauf's Emerge with Computer Concepts v. 5.0
MindTap™ Computing for Baldauf's Emerge with Computer Concepts v. 5.0, 5th Edition is the digital learning solution that helps instructors engage and transform today's students into critical thinkers. Through paths of dynamic assignments and applications that you can personalize, real-time course analytics, and an accessible reader, MindTap helps you turn cookie cutter into cutting edge, apathy into engagement, and memorizers into higher-level thinkers. Access to this product is valid for 6 months of usage.
MindTap Computing for Emerge with Computer Concepts v. 5.0
MindTap™ Computing for Baldauf's Emerge with Computer Concepts v. 5.0, 5th Edition provides you with the tools you need to better manage your limited time -- you can complete assignments whenever and wherever you are ready to learn with course material specially customized for you by your instructor and streamlined in one proven, easy-to-use interface. With an array of tools and apps -- from note taking to flashcards -- you'll get a true understanding of course concepts, helping you to achieve better grades and setting the groundwork for your future courses. Access to this product is valid for 6 months of usage.