Request for consultation
Milady Standard Natural Hair Care and Braiding is designed to be the training resource of choice for individuals committed to nurturing textured hair and providing excellent natural hair care services. This book introduces the technical and creative aspects of braiding, styling, and grooming hair that is naturally curly, kinky, or multi-textured. Also included, are 17 procedures with step-by-step photos and detailed instructions in techniques for styling and grooming natural hair and natural hair additions. This is a “must have” for those who are serious about developing a wide range of services and building a broad, diverse client base--crucial elements for success in the flourishing hair care industry.
- Beautiful color images demonstrate the varying hair types, features, and techniques involved, including braiding and sculpting.
- Visual step-by-step instructions of transitional and protective styling methods that are gentle and nurturing to the hair and scalp.
- Extensive use of new terms aid in understanding the full scope and array of potential hair care services.
- Overview of scalp disorders common to textured hair provides information that will allow for a more active role in serving the specific hair needs of a clientele.
- Explains the correlation between healthy food and healthy hair and scalp to aid in educating clients and promoting a holistic approach to beauty, from the inside out.
2. Infection Control Principles and Practices.
3. Basic Principles for Personal and Professional Success.
4. The Professional Consultation.
5. Hair Types, Structure. and Textural Differences.
6. Hair and Scalp Diseases and Disorders.
7. Basic Anatomy, Physiology, and Nutrition.
8. Shampoos, Conditioners, Herbal Treatments, and Rinses.
9. Textured Hair Is Manageable.
10. Natural Hair and Braid-Sculpting Techniques.
“The writing style will have you in the critical thinking mode. It was well thought out and great to read. I learned something new.”
“I loved how she took a challenges and solutions approach. This dovetails well with the consultation chapter. Being able to identify these challenges and then have the power to provide direction to medical practioners or know what we can provide as natural hair care providers was well presented”