Request for consultation
Pairing fundamental programming concepts with both business applications and fun and engaging game applications, the fully revised fifth edition of MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2012: RELOADED provides a solid foundation in programming principles and how to use them. The book begins by covering the basics, from creating user interfaces to understanding variables, constants, and calculations. Building on this knowledge, coverage progresses to more advanced topics, such as manipulating and querying a Microsoft Access database, creating Web applications, and creating classes and objects. This new edition leverages the powerful pedagogy of previous editions while bringing the content up-to-date with detailed explanations of the new features of Visual Basic 2012 and new examples and applications that illustrate how those features are put to work.
- A Study Guide reinforces each chapter's important concepts with fun, interactive learning activities while providing students a break from reading the text.
- Review Questions, Exercises, and Case Projects are now mapped directly to each chapter's Learning Objectives in order to improve assessment of student progress.
- Each chapter features new examples, applications, and exercises that reinforce key programming concepts and demonstrate their application with Visual Basic 2012.
- New videos created by the author specifically for this edition clearly and succinctly present key concepts for visual and auditory learners.
- Two Programming Tutorials at the end of each chapter provide step-by-step instructions for applying chapter concepts to business and game applications, engaging and motivating students.
- "How-To" boxes highlight important concepts and how those concepts are effectively applied.
- Mini-quizzes placed strategically in each chapter test student knowledge at key points. Answers to the questions are provided in Appendix A.
- Full applications that include both the user interface and all code teach students coding principles in the context of the larger application.
- Each chapter contains elements designed specifically for each of the three distinct learning styles: video tutorials for visual and auditory learners, "Try It!" files for kinesthetic learners.
Overview: An Introduction to Programming.
1. An Introduction to Visual Basic 2012.
2. Creating a User Interface.
3. Memory Locations and Calculations.
4. Making Decisions in a Program.
5. More on the Selection Structure.
6. Repeating Program Instructions.
7. More on the Repetition Structure.
8. Sub and Function Procedures.
10. String Manipulation and Menus.
11. Structures and Sequential Files.
12. Access Databases.
13. Creating Simple Web Applications.
14. Creating Classes and Objects.
Appendix A: Answers to Mini-Quizzes.
Appendix B: How to Boxes.
Appendix C: Most Commonly Used Properties of Objects.
Appendix D: Visual Basic Conversion Functions.
Appendix E: Finding and Fixing Program Errors.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Web Site
Discover everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available with password protection. Access and download the Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint® Slides, and other time-saving tools to guide today's learners.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.