Request for consultation
Prepare students for a successful career in network administration using Microsoft Windows 10. MICROSOFT® SPECIALIST GUIDE TO MICROSOFT® WINDOWS 10 offers real-world examples and hands-on activities to reinforce key concepts. Helpful troubleshooting tips offer solutions to common problems in Windows 10 administration. This book’s in-depth study explores all aspects of installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 as a client operating system. Activities let readers experience the processes involved in Windows 10 configuration and management. Review Questions help students prepare for the Microsoft® certification exam while Case Projects offer practice in situations that must be managed in a live networking environment. Hands-on labs minimize hardware requirements while still providing important lab practice that can be completed on physical or virtual machines. Students with Windows 10 computers and at least 8 GB of memory can run virtual machines to perform the labs.
- NEW CONTENT HIGHLIGHTS RECENT DEVELOPMENTS IN TODAY’S CLOUD SERVICES. Students take an in-depth look at cloud services, such as Microsoft® accounts and OneDrive. The book also provides a full chapter on Microsoft® InTune.
- NEW CHAPTER FEATURES CLIENT HYPER-V. Detailed coverage helps students set up their own virtual machines for hands-on practice.
- UPDATED APPLICATION SUPPORT CONTENT MATCHES NEW EXAM OBJECTIVES. The book offers greater emphasis on technologies, such as Application Virtualization (App-V) and RemoteApp to equip students with the skills need on the job and on the Microsoft® certification exam.
- IN-DEPTH COVERAGE ADDRESSES ALL OF THE CRITICAL INFORMATION FOR A CAREER IN TODAY’S IT. Students leave your course equipped with the knowledge they need to move successfully into a role as an IT professional and with the skills to support Windows 10 in today’s business environment.
- FULL-COLOR CONTENT PREPARES STUDENTS FOR THE MICROSOFT® CERTIFICATION EXAM. All content in this edition maps completely to the objectives of the new Microsoft® certification exam #70-697 in order to fully prepare your students for exam success.
- PRACTICAL CASE PROJECTS INCORPORATE REAL-WORLD EXPERIENCES. The book presents intriguing, actual challenges and situations from contemporary IT professionals to ensure the book’s coverage is realistic, meaningful and applicable beyond the technical features.
- REVIEW QUESTIONS TEST READERS’ UNDERSTANDING OF CRITICAL INFORMATION. Learning features help ensure your students have mastered the concepts and skills they need for success in IT today.
- COMPLEX CONCEPTS ARE EXPLAINED IN STRAIGHTFORWARD TERMS. The book offers an uncomplicated, reader-friendly approach to concepts to ensure a smooth transition to Windows 10.
- FLEXIBLE LABS CAN BE COMPLETED ON A PHYSICAL OR VIRTUAL MACHINES. The labs in this book were designed to minimize hardware requirements while still emphasizing the necessary concepts. The labs can be completed using physical or virtual machines. Students can even use their own Windows 10 computer with sufficient memory to run virtual machines and perform the labs.
Installing Windows 10.
Using System Utilities.
Managing Disks and File Systems.
Windows 10 Security Features.
User Productivity Tools.
Disaster Recovery and Troubleshooting.
Appendix: Exam 70-697
Appendix: Objectives Mapping Grid
Appendix: Cloud Computing.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Web Site
Find everything you need for your course in one place. This collection of product-specific lecture and class tools is available online via the instructor resource center at www.cengage.com/login. You'll be able to access and download materials such as PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor’s manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
These laminated quick reference cards provide vital information for the Microsoft® Windows Exam 70-697 exam and are useful as a study resource for your students, as a supplement to the textbook or as a quick reference tool.
These laminated quick reference cards focus on vital information for the Microsoft® Windows Exam 70-697 exam. They are useful as a study resource, as a supplement to reinforce concepts from the textbook or as an on-the-go quick reference tool.