Request for consultation
Introduce your students to the important new features that the latest version of Microsoft® Office has to offer with the focused approach found in MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: INTRODUCTORY. This new edition is part of the acclaimed Shelly Cashman Series® that has effectively introduced computer skills to millions of students. MICROSOFT® OFFICE 365 & OFFICE 2016: INTRODUCTORY continues the Series’ strong history of innovation with an enhanced learning approach that addresses the varied learning styles of today’s students. A trademark step-by-step, screen-by-screen approach encourages students to expand their understanding of Microsoft® Office 2016 through experimentation, critical thought, and personalization. This new edition delivers the most effective educational materials specifically designed to engage readers, improve retention, and prepare students for success with Microsoft® Office 2016.
- NEW WORD MODULE INTRODUCES THE LATEST STRENGTHS OF WORD 2016. This edition provides new hands-on module projects and effective introductions to the important features new to Word 2016, including Smart Lookup button and Insights task pane.
- NEW POWERPOINT® MODULE HIGHLIGHTS THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURES IN THE LATEST VERSION. Your students work with new projects and exercises that emphasize the topics that are most relevant in their lives. This edition expands explanation of usage of inserting and formatting shapes.
- NEW EXCEL MODULE EMPHASIZES PRATICAL USES FOR NEW FEATURES. An updated project teaches students how to create a personal budget. It also addresses chart types and functions that are new to Excel 2016.
- NEW PRODUCTIVITY APPS FOR WORK AND SCHOOL MODULE PROVIDE A VISUAL INTRODUCTION. These helpful, easy-to-use apps by author Corinne Hoisington visually guide students through using Microsoft® OneNote, Sway, Office Mix and Edge. Fun, hands-on activities ensure active learning. Companion Sways provide videos and step-by-step instructions to help students learn to master each app.
- BOOK OFFERS UNIQUE EMPHASIS ON THE REASONING BEHIND EACH PROCESS. Students go well beyond simply following instructions to accomplish each task. They explore context for their complete projects as they learn the “why” behind each step in the process.
- ROADMAPS FOR EACH MODULE DETAIL PROGRESS. Helpful Roadmaps within each module visually show students where they are in the process of completing the module project.
- CONTENT EMPHASIZES CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS. Opportunities to refine critical thinking appear throughout the text within “Consider This” sections, thought-provoking questions, and problem-solving activities. Numerous end-of-module activities engage students in critical thinking and problem-solving skills as they learn to create their own solutions.
- BOOK ENCOURAGES PERSONALIZATION. This edition asks students to incorporate personal detail in their solutions for every module project and assignment to ensure that each student’s solution will be unique.
Productivity Apps for School and Work.
Office 2016 and Windows 10: Essential Concepts and Skills.
Word 1 Creating, Formatting, and Editing a Word Document with a Picture.
Word 2 Creating a Research Paper with References and Sources.
Word 3 Creating a Business Letter with a Letterhead and Table.
PPT 1 Creating and Editing a Presentation with Pictures.
PPT 2 Enhancing a Presentation with Pictures, Shapes, and WordArt.
PPT 3 Reusing a Presentation and Adding Media and Animation.
Excel 1 Creating a Worksheet and a Chart.
Excel 2 Formulas, Functions, and Formatting.
Excel 3 Working with Large Worksheets, Charting, and What-If Analysis.
Access 1 Databases and Database Objects: An Introduction.
Access 2 Querying a Database.
Access 3 Maintaining a Database.
Outlook 1 Managing Email Messages with Outlook.
Outlook 2 Managing Calendars with Outlook.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero®, is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text’s test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions. Create multiple test versions in an instant and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.