Request for consultation
Introduce the latest thinking of today's economists on important microeconomic phenomena while equipping your students with a solid global understanding of microeconomic principles with Boyes/Melvin's MICROECONOMICS, 9E. Now you can clearly illustrate the connections between key microeconomic principles and today's actual business practices with this book's reader-friendly approach, carefully integrated learning features, memorable examples, and unique global emphasis. Timely revisions and the latest microeconomic statistics ensure your course incorporates the most recent data and developments. Revised microeconomics materials emphasize the fundamentals and the practical application of concepts to current events. New microeconomics coverage highlights the current debate on government economic intervention and new discussion of the Economic Freedom Index. Your students gain an in-depth understanding of globalization and its impact on microeconomics today. Effective, leading teaching and learning technology and a full range of supplements, including the best-selling Aplia™ homework system and CourseMate online tools, help complete your microeconomics coverage that clarifies and emphasizes the importance of concepts for career and business success.
- UPDATED ECONOMIC INSIGHT BOXES EMPHASIZE THE RELEVANCE OF CONCEPTS TO CURRENT EVENTS. Fresh new Economic Insights throughout this edition highlight some of today's most current events to focus readers' attention on the relevance and real-world applications of the concepts in the chapter. These engaging features help students carefully consider a wide range of topics from an informed microeconomic perspective.
- NEW AND UPDATED ECONOMICALLY SPEAKING AND COMMENTARY FEATURES HIGHLIGHT THE MICROECONOMIC IMPACT OF TODAY'S MOST IMPORTANT EVENTS. Introduce your students the microeconomic causes and consequences of important world events with recent newspaper and magazine articles in this edition's updated and new Economically Speaking and Commentary features. These familiar, interesting, and memorable examples at the end of each chapter emphasize the importance of the material students are learning in your course.
- REVISED COVERAGE OF MICROECONOMIC TOPICS FURTHER CLARIFIES THE FUNDAMENTALS AND THEIR APPLICATION TO CURRENT EVENTS. New meaningful examples and extensive revisions to various key chapter ensure students better understand microeconomics concepts and their importance in business today.
- NOTABLE CHANGES TO CONTENT KEEP YOUR COURSE AS CURRENT AS POSSIBLE. Updated examples throughout the text, extensive revisions to the chapter on elasticity, further development of the debate on government economic intervention, a new discussion of the Economic Freedom Index keep your instruction up to date with current developments. You'll also find additional material on game theory, updated information on health care costs, and a detailed examination of income distribution.
- OPTIONAL COURSEMATE ONLINE RESOURCES SUPPORT INTERACTIVE LEARNING AND CLASS ENGAGEMENT. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed text and this new, optional text-specific website. This MICROECONOMICS CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools. CourseMate steps beyond the book to deliver an interactive eBook and engaging teaching and learning tools, including quizzes, flashcards, videos, and more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool, helps you monitor student engagement in your course.
- UNIQUE, PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES IMPROVE COMPREHENSION AND STUDENT PERFORMANCE. This popular text's one-of-a-kind, proven pedagogical program helps improve both comprehension and performance. Students attain the knowledge and skills to succeed in class and to develop an understanding of core microeconomic principles essential for success throughout their careers.
- FUNDAMENTAL QUESTIONS DIRECT STUDENTS' FOCUS TO KEY ISSUES. As students read and prepare for class, this book's useful Fundamental Questions for each chapter help direct students' attention to key microeconomics issues. Chapter summaries and the book's supplements further reinforce these themes and effectively guide students' study.
- CONVENIENT, INTEGRATED REFERENCING SYSTEM ENABLES STUDENTS TO WORK EFFICIENTLY. With this book's integrated referencing system, students can easily explore and review the microeconomics topics they need, allowing them to work more efficiently and effectively.
- LEADING APLIA™ ONLINE HOMEWORK SYSTEM INCREASES STUDENT EFFORTS AND ENGAGEMENT. The most successful online product for economics is now fully integrated with this text. Aplia™ offers interactive tools to help prepare your economics students and increase student effort and engagement--without requiring more work from you, the instructor. Students stay on top of coursework with regularly scheduled homework assignments while Aplia™'s high quality automatic grading provides detailed, immediate feedback.
1. Economics: The World Around You.
Appendix: working with Graphs.
2. Choice, Opportunity Costs, and Specialization.
3. Markets, Demand and Supply, and the Price System.
4. The Market System and the Private and Public Sectors.
Part II: PRODUCT MARKET BASICS.
5. Elasticity: Demand and Supply.
Appendix: Calculating Elasticity.
6. Consumer Choice.
Appendix: Indifference Analysis.
7. Supply: The Costs of Doing Business.
Appendix: The Mechanics of Going from Production to Costs.
Part III: PRODUCT MARKETS.
8. Profit Maximization.
9. Perfect Competition.
11. Monopolistic Competition and Oligopoly.
12. Antitrust and Regulation.
13. Government and Market Failure.
Part IV: RESOURCE MARKETS.
14. Resource Markets.
15. The Labor Market.
16. Capital Markets.
17. The Land Market and Natural Resources.
Part V: CURRENT ISSUES INVOLVING THE PUBLIC SECTOR AND THE MARKET ECONOMY.
18. Aging, Social Security, and Health Care.
19. Income Distribution, Poverty, and Government Policy.
Part VIII: ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND FINANCE.
20. World Trade Equilibrium.
21. International Trade Restrictions.
22. Exchange Rates and Financial Links Between Countries.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access for Boyes/Melvin's Microeconomics
An updated Test Bank offers a new style of questions, even more questions, and a new online testing system, powered by Cognero. This online tool allows you to author, edit, and manage test bank content from multiple Cengage Learning solutions. You can also create multiple test versions in an instant and easily deliver tests from your LMS to your classroom, or other locations.