Request for consultation
Cengage Learning's METEOROLOGY TODAY brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools along with market leading text content for introductory meteorology courses. Adopt the resources that enable your students to purchase the right solution to meet their needs, whether it's a traditional printed text, all digital learning platform, or package that includes the best of both worlds. With the recently updated Meteorology Today 10th Edition and CourseMate's interactive teaching and learning tools, it's never been easier to help students understand the underlying meteorological principles and appreciate the dynamic nature of the inevitable weather phenomena that continually influence our lives.
- New Concept Animation boxes provide students a brief summary of important topics and refer the reader to a high quality animation to view and visualize the concept in action.
- New Critical Thinking questions are linked to key figures encouraging students to synthesize and apply the information presented in the text and in the figure.
- New Social and Economic Impact Focus Boxes spotlight the significant role weather plays in our lives, the importance of accurate weather forecasting, and tools organizations use to manage weather-related risks.
- Stories at the beginning of each chapter draw students naturally into the discussion, while in-chapter reviews help them master concepts while they study.
- Four types of end-of-chapter exercises provide opportunities for further review, as well as in-class discussion questions.
- "Focus" boxes expand on primary material and help students understand meteorological observation methods, environmental issues, and more advanced topics.
- "Weather Watch" marginal boxes highlight interesting weather facts or astonishing events that may not be commonly known.
2. Energy: Warming the Earth and the Atmosphere.
3. Seasonal and Daily Temperatures.
4. Atmospheric Humidity.
5. Condensation: Dew, Fog, and Clouds.
6. Stability and Cloud Development.
8. Air Pressure and Winds.
9. Wind: Small-Scale and Local Systems.
10. Wind: Global Systems.
11. Air Masses and Fronts.
12. Middle-Latitude Cyclones.
13. Weather Forecasting.
14. Thunderstorms and Tornadoes.
16. The Earth's Changing Climate.
17. Global Climate.
18. Air Pollution.
19. Light, Color, and Atmospheric Optics.
Appendix A: Units, Conversions, Abbreviations, and Equations.
Appendix B: Weather Symbols and the Station Model.
Appendix C: Beaufort Wind Scale.
Appendix D: Humidity and Dew-Point Tables.
Appendix E: Instant Weather Forecast Chart.
Appendix F: Changing GMT and UTC to Local Time.
Appendix G: Average Annual Global Precipitation.
Appendix H: Standard Atmosphere.
Appendix I: Hurricane Tracking Chart.
Appendix J: Adiabatic Chart.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor's Companion Web Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download PowerPoint® presentations, images, instructor's manual, videos, and more.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Powered by Cognero, this Cengage Learning tool is a flexible, online system that allows you to author, edit, and manage your test bank content. Pull content from multiple Cengage Learning platforms, create multiple test versions, and deliver tests from either your LMS or classroom—the choices are yours.