Request for consultation
A proven and unique combination of learning principles and exercises, this highly acclaimed book continues to get better! Medical Terminology for Health Professions, Sixth Edition, simplifies the process of learning hundreds of complex medical terms. The See and Say pronunciation system makes pronouncing unfamiliar terms easy. Because word parts are integral to learning medical terminology, mastery of these “building blocks” is emphasized in every chapter. Organized by body system, chapters begin with an overview of the structures and functions of that system so you can relate these to the specialists, pathology, diagnostic, and treatment procedures that follow. Learning Exercises in each chapter offer a variety of formats that require written answers. Writing terms reinforces learning and provides practice to help master spelling and enhance comprehension.
- Accompanying StudyWARE™ CD-ROM offers additional practice through interactive quizzes and fun activities that correlate with each chapter in the book
- Removable flashcards test memory and increase knowledge
- Word Surgery learning exercises in each chapter help master the skill of breaking down complex terms into word parts
- Abbreviation tables in each chapter reinforce correct usage
- Human Touch: Critical Thinking Exercise Scenarios that involve patients and pathology help apply chapter material to the real world
- The Comprehensive Medical Terminology Review includes study tips, practice exercises, and a simulated final test to assist in preparing for the final examination
- Additional tools included to support instructors wanting to teach a simplified syllabus
Chapter 1: Introduction to Medical Terminology
Chapter 2: The Human Body in health and Disease
Word Part Review
Chapter 3: The Skeletal System
Chapter 4: The Muscular System
Chapter 5: The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 6: The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Chapter 7: The Respiratory System
Chapter 8: The Digestive System
Chapter 9: The Urinary System
Chapter 10: The Nervous System
Chapter 11: Special Senses: The Eyes and Ears
Chapter 12: Skin: The Integumentary System
Chapter 13: The Endocrine System
Chapter 14: The Reproductive Systems
Chapter 15: Diagnostic Procedures and Pharmacology
Comprehensive Medical Terminology Review
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Site
Everything you need for your course in one place! This collection of book-specific lecture and class tools is available online via www.cengage.com/login. Access and download the workbook answer keys.
Student Companion Website
This website provides a variety of resources to help you review for class, including animations and lecture notes.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero® Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.
The student workbook is designed to help your students retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key-term definition queries, and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.
The student workbook is designed to help you retain key chapter content. Included within this resource are chapter objective questions, key-term definition queries, and multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, and true-or-false problems.