Request for consultation
Completely up to date with the latest terms and procedures, the Third Edition of the popular MEDICAL LANGUAGE: FOCUS ON TERMINOLOGY emphasizes word parts and word-building in its thorough introduction to the basic principles of anatomy and physiology. Focusing on the terminology instead of the context, the text provides just enough content on the anatomy of each body system to help students understand the related disease, diagnostic and surgical terms. Students are equipped with tools to analyze and define medical terms, along with techniques to build medical terms from roots, prefixes, and suffixes. The Third Edition's Medical Terminology Learning Lab, innovative digital solution, helps students understand the relevance of medical terminology, including how they will apply and use this knowledge in their careers.
- The Third Edition's new title--MEDICAL LANGUAGE: FOCUS ON TERMINOLOGY--reflects the text's emphasis on the language of medicine--the terms, word parts and how to build them.
- More engaging than ever, the text includes updated art to help illustrate the latest terms and procedures.
- An exciting new Medical Terminology Learning Lab provides a market-leading digital solution that maps to learning objectives in medical terminology. The online homework solution includes interactive case scenarios, pre-assessments, learning activities, and post-assessments.
- MEDICAL LANGUAGE: FOCUS ON TERMINOLOGY, 3e focuses on word parts and word-building with just enough content on the anatomy of each body system to help students understand the related diseases, and diagnostic and surgical terms.
- Reinforcement exercises follow each major topic in every chapter, helping ensure students have a thorough understanding of terminology as they progress through the text.
- Medical reports encourage learning medical terms in real-world context and enable students to see how terminology is used in actual practice.
- Prefix/Suffix review reinforces students' ability to analyze and define medical terms.
- Challenge exercises encourage learners to use the Internet for further study while sharpening their critical thinking skills.
2. General Body Terminology.
3. Integumentary System.
4. Skeletal System.
5. Muscular System.
6. Cardiovascular System.
7. Blood and Lymph Systems.
8. Respiratory System.
9. Digestive System.
10. Urinary System.
11. Endocrine System.
12. Male Reproductive System.
13. Female Reproductive System and Pregnancy.
14. Nervous System.
15. Sensory System: Vision and Hearing.
16. Specialty Terminology.
A. Word Element to Meaning, Meaning to Word Element.
B. Abbreviation List.
C. Health-Related Web Sites.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Cengage Learning Testing, powered by Cognero Instant Access
Cengage Learning Testing Powered by Cognero® is a flexible, online system that allows you to: import, edit, and manipulate content from the text's test bank or elsewhere, including your own favorite test questions; create multiple test versions in an instant; and deliver tests from your LMS, your classroom, or wherever you want.