Request for consultation
Reflecting the reality of today's technology-driven, interconnected workplace, MEAN JEANS is a small business community work-flow simulation. Mean Jeans Manufacturing Co. produces denim products and interacts with 15 other businesses in a simulated business community to bring its product to market. By managing one of these 15 businesses, users earn by doing - being responsible for the daily operations and interacting with other business managers. With a community of five sole proprietorships, two partnerships, one federal agency, five corporations, and 2 limited liability companies, users have an opportunity to see how business structure affects operations. MEAN JEANS has been completely reconfigured to provide ease of use and minimize setup and operation time.
- Expanded Business Plan Chapter provides more comprehensive coverage and makes learning more relevant and real.
- Count on new tax tables and business forms to reflect current business practices and bring reality into the simulation.
- All forms and documents can be printed easily from the Supplies and Resources CD, minimizing prep time and busy work.
- Supplies and Resources CD contains interactive business documents, PowerPoint® presentations, Assessment software, and Solutions.
- Student Reference Book walks users through the simulation, providing clear directions and explanations about strategy and operations for new managers.
- SCANS skills necessary in today's business world are applied throughout this simulation, giving the user an advantage when entering the job market.
2. Business Communications.
4. Accounts Payable and Receivable.
5. Postal and Shipping Services.
6. Borrowing Money.
8. Reports and Business Plans.
9. Human Resources in Business.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Supplies and Resource CD-ROM
The Supplies and Resources CD contains over 1000 business forms! These forms provide a place where the user can record their transactions. They can be printed on an as-needed basis. Alternative electronic templates, in Excel and Word, are also included on this CD. If you purchase the Supplies and Resources CD, it is not necessary to purchase the Operations Manual-everything you need is included on the CD. Site license, Windows/Mac.
Annotated Instructor's Edition
This item is a replica of the Student Reference Book with teaching tips for the instructor as annotations. It also has extra pages of additional material for the instructor. This material includes instructions for managing the simulation and teaching the lessons in the student reference manual. Also, sections on technology and using the alternate computer-based activities are found in the student's reference book.