Request for consultation
MATHEMATICS FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY delivers easy-to-understand and balanced mathematical instruction. Each chapter begins with an application, goes on to present the material with examples, and closes with a summary of the relevant concepts and practice exercises. With numerous illustrations included, students can understand the content from a number of different angles. Whether used in a classroom or an online distance-learning format, students majoring in electronics, computer programming, and information technology will find Mathematics for Information Technology an extremely valuable resource.
- Chapter Openers introduce each chapter with interesting and motivational applications, illustrating the real-world nature of the chapter topics.
- Chapter Objectives outline the knowledge and skills students will master in each chapter.
- Key terms are highlighted and carefully defined to help students increase technological literacy.
- Detailed examples in every chapter help students master a step-by-step approach to problem-solving. Geared toward IT majors, examples provide both technical and every-day scenarios to help students see how math concepts are applied in the real world.
- Section Review Problems provide frequent problem-solving practice throughout each chapter.
- Chapter Summaries assist students as they review the material and prepare for tests.
- Numerousexercise sets are provided at the end of each chapter for skill-building practice and test preparation.
3. Binary and Other Number Systems.
4. Straight Line Equations and Graphs.
5. Solving Systems of Linear Equations Algebraically and with Matrices.
6. Sequences and Series.
7. Right Triangle Geometry and Trigonometry.
8. Trigonometric Identities.
9. The Complex Numbers.
11. Exponential and Logarithmic Equations.
14. Graph Theory.
Appendix: Answers to Odd-Numbered Exercises
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with homework, study, and practice materials? Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student success rates soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.