Request for consultation
The fully revised Fourth Edition of this industry-standard textbook features all-new material on the business of automotive repair and updated content that keeps pace with the changing technological requirements of the automotive industry. A comprehensive instructional text/workbook, Math for the Automotive Trade shows how to solve the types of math problems faced regularly by automotive technicians. Unique to the book are realistic practice exercises that allow readers to determine if their answers fall within manufacturers' specifications and repair orders that are completed by finding the appropriate information in the professional literature and reference material, included in the book's valuable appendices.
- Reviews basic mathematics skills, practical math applications for specific automotive situations, and both customary and metric systems of measurement as they apply to the automotive trade.
- New sections covering personal and business finance examine discounts, profit and loss, commissions, interest and payments, and taxes, providing a well-rounded business review of the issues faced by today's automotive technician.
- Students consult manufacturers' specification data and a newly added Corvette flat-rate manual in order to solve the many realistic applications.
4. Geometry, Angle Measurement and the Metric System 1
5. Integers and Signed Numbers
6. Ratios, Proportions, and Percentages
7. Completing Repair Orders
8. The Automobile Engine
9. Automobile Engine Systems
10. Automobile Electrical Systems
11. The Automobile Drive Train
12. The Automobile Chassis
13. Automobile Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
14. Measurement Tools
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website for Peterson/Dekryger's Math for the Automotive Trade, 5th
The Instructor's Resources provides teaching tips and guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's CourseMate for MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADES, 5e brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need! CourseMate includes: An interactive eBook. Interactive teaching and learning tools including: Quizzes. Flashcards. Videos. And more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.