Request for consultation
MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E is an up-to-date, highly practical book that helps your students develop a real-world understanding of math concepts and applications in the modern automotive repair trade. Written at a beginner's level, this book is a comprehensive instructional workbook that shows your students how to solve the types of math problems faced regularly by automotive technicians. Unique to MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADE, 5E are realistic practice exercises that allow your students to determine if their answers fall within manufacturers' specifications and repair orders that are completed by finding the appropriate information in the professional literature and reference material, included in the book's valuable appendices.
- Contains updated applications and examples that reflect changes in automotive technology.
- New coverage of Statistics included.
- Replaced the flat rate pages for the Corvette in Appendix A with pages for the Ford Fusion, Milan (2006–2009), Zephyr (2006), MKZ (2007–2009), and Milan Hybrid (2010), emphasizing new hybrid technology.
- Contains updated coverage of automotive parts and equipment, new repair orders, additional questions that reflect current concerns with hybrid, electric, and other new technologies and updated gas prices, tax data, etc. that reflect "current" prices.
- Contains content that is correlated with NATEF's Applied Academics and will help prepare your students for ASE Automotive tests.
- Reviews basic mathematics skills, practical math applications for specific automotive situations, and both customary and metric systems of measurement as they apply to the automotive trade, immediately preparing students with math skills they will use on the job.
- Covers personal and business finance examine discounts, profit and loss, commissions, interest and payments, and taxes, providing a well-rounded business review of the issues faced by today's automotive technician.
- Provides manufacturer's specification data for real-world applications to problems ensuring a realistic experience for your students that will mirror what they'll encounter on the job.
4. Geometry, Angle Measurement and the Metric System.
5. Integers and Signed Numbers.
6. Ratios, Proportions, and Percentages.
7. Business and Statistics.
8. Completing Repair Orders.
9. The Automobile Engine.
10. Automobile Engine Systems.
11. Automobile Electrical Systems.
12. The Automobile Drive Train.
13. The Automobile Chassis.
14. Automobile Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning.
15. Measurement Tools.
Appendix B. Summary of Formulas in this Text-Workbook.
Appendix C. Answers to Odd-Numbered Practice Exercises.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
Instructor Companion Website for Peterson/Dekryger's Math for the Automotive Trade, 5th
The Instructor's Resources provides teaching tips and guidelines, essay questions, answers to review and test questions, key objectives, glossary, appendices and exercises for content reinforcement.
CourseMate Instant Access
Interested in a simple way to complement your text and course content with study and practice materials? Cengage Learning's CourseMate for MATH FOR THE AUTOMOTIVE TRADES, 5e brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need! CourseMate includes: An interactive eBook. Interactive teaching and learning tools including: Quizzes. Flashcards. Videos. And more. Engagement Tracker, a first-of-its-kind tool that monitors student engagement in the course.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.