Request for consultation
MATERNITY NURSING CARE, 2nd Edition delivers all of the core components of obstetrical nursing, along with in-depth study features to help care givers develop better decision-making skills and provide safe nursing care. Starting with women's health issues and pregnancy care, the chapters progress through labor and childbirth, postpartum care, and newborn development, addressing the nursing considerations for both normal and high-risk scenarios where appropriate. Written in a student-friendly voice from a nursing perspective, MATERNITY NURSING CARE, 2ND Edition emphasizes overall patient care as opposed to medical treatment alone, and illustrates the critical importance of fostering the nurse-patient relationship. MATERNITY NURSING CARE, 2ND Edition is also bound with a helpful StudyWARE™ Online, which includes case studies, NCLEX-style review questions, videos, activities, a glossary, and many other features that enhance competency in Obstetrical Nursing care.
- Current Health Care Reform Content: Added material on the newly enacted Health Care Reforms and their effects on nursing care keep readers abreast of sweeping changes across the health care landscape.
- All-New Coverage: New chapters cover fetal assessment, labor processes, and pain management during labor and delivery, while also addressing the latest standards and guidelines for fetal monitoring.
- New Boxed Features: Added features, such as 'Cultural Negotiation' boxes and 'Seeking Evidence-Based Practice' boxes, highlight the importance of understanding the influence of culture on a patient's health beliefs and practices and how to implement new strategies for research-based care into your professional practice.
- Updated Standards: Keeping pace with changes in health care, all chapters contain the most recent standards, guidelines, and evidence for nursing practice, along with ethical and legal considerations to consider during patient care.
- Revised Study Features: More end-of-chapter questions, new NCLEX-style questions, solutions to short-answer questions, new critical thinking questions, concept maps, and new Clinical Pathways feature in each chapter lead readers to the information they need to prepare for a career in obstetrical nursing today.
- Integrated Study Tools: Web activities suggested at the end of each chapter provide optional learning opportunities, such as practice problems and research, while the StudyWare Online Companion CD is loaded with interactive activities and exercises designed to help readers prepare for exams.
- Outstanding Readability: Reviewers agree that MATERNITY NURSING CARE, 2nd Edition delivers the highest quality writing and an easy-to-read format, making it an ideal resource for anyone interested in the obstetrical nursing field.
- Critical Thinking Features: Every chapter contains 'Reflections' and 'Critical Thinking' sections with detailed case scenarios across different care settings and involving various nursing roles, giving readers multiple opportunities to hone collaboration, decision-making, and analytical skills.
- Care Plan Practice: In-text Nursing Process Plans let readers apply theories to real-life events, while end-of-chapter Nursing Care Plans allow them to develop their own effective, patient-specific care plans according to chapter material.
- Realistic Photo Stories: These full-color photos depict procedures and nursing care, emphasizing clinical excellence and the nurse-patient relationship, and help readers imagine themselves in maternity nursing roles.
2. Theoretical Perspectives on the Childbearing Family.
3. Complementary and Alternative Therapy.
4. Ethics, Laws, and Standards of Care.
5. Promoting Women's' Health.
6. Health Care Issues and Common Concerns.
7. Reproduction, Fertility, Infertility, and Family Planning.
8. Genetics and Genetic Counseling.
9. Normal Pregnancy.
10. Nursing Care of the Pregnant Woman.
11. Management and Nursing Care of High-Risk Clients.
12. Fetal Development.
13. Fetal Assessment.
14. Processes of Labor.
15. Nursing Care of the Intrapartal Family.
16. High-Risk Births and Obstetrical Emergencies.
17. Pain Management During Labor and Delivery.
18. Nursing Care of the Postpartum Family.
19. Complications of Postpartum and Neonatal Loss.
20. Lactation and Newborn Nutrition.
21. Transition to Extrauterine Life.
22. Care of the Normal Newborn.
23. Care of Newborns at Risk Due to Low Birthweight and Prematurity.
24. Care of the Newborn with Chronic and Acquired Conditions.
Cengage provides a range of supplements that are updated in coordination with the main title selection. For more information about these supplements, contact your Learning Consultant.
The Instructor Resources includes PowerPoint® presentations for each core textbook chapter, a 2500-question computerized test bank (including NCLEX-style questions) , Instructor's Manual, image library, skill sheets, and more.
Student Study Guide
The Student Study Guide is an accompanying workbook for self-paced learning. Organized by chapter, it consists of Competencies, Key Terms, Reading Assignments, Activities, Self-Assessment Quizzes, and Critical Thinking Exercises. Answers are found in the back of the manual to encourage a programmed approach to study and learning.
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's Nursing CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Watch student comprehension soar as your class works with the printed textbook and the textbook-specific website. CourseMate goes beyond the book to deliver what you need!
Student Study Guide
CourseMate Instant Access
Cengage Learning's CourseMate brings course concepts to life with interactive learning, study, and exam preparation tools that support the printed textbook. Maximize your course success with the integrated eBook and chapter-specific learning tools that include flashcards, quizzes, videos, and more in your CourseMate. Key Features: Interactive eBook, Engagement Tracker, Learning Objectives, Tutorial Quizzes, Glossary and Flashcards, and Web Links and References.
Premium Website Instant Access Code